Position Overview and Responsibilities
We are a global communications agency covering everything from healthcare to technology. Recently, the Brand Marketing and Consumer team launched a new specialism in Youth & Culture trends and audiences.
Focusing on work that builds momentum for brands such as Bose, Fitbit, Crocs and Singapore Airlines, we work with brands that have a purpose to bring their stories to life. Working within culture and understanding the deeper rooted collective consciousness that unifies and segregates, we’re looking for residents, or as we’re calling them PR Youth & Culture Residents, to help us dive into culture and create movements.
Youth & Culture Resident
Your residency will vary from day to day and will include the below, helping to shape some of our award-winning work and events.
- Be at the forefront of our trends forecasting, diving into insights and the latest cultural moments. Reporting on the next big, cultural shifts
- Creating content for some of the world’s biggest brands including Fitbit and GoPro, reaching audiences across the globe
- Have your voice heard suggesting innovative ideas for engaging content, writing copy and sourcing imagery, and engaging with UK and global audiences
- Help drive our media and consumer events from planning to execution – finding weird and wonderful venues, working with emerging artists, sourcing ethical and environmentally friendly food for menus and gifts for goodie bags
- Collaborating with media in the creation of editorial content, providing details on our clients and highlighting key calendar moments to offer information on clients’ products and services
- Building a network of journalists and influencers, and collating their details in our media database
- Take part in our Culture Club – running everything from gallery visits to yoga and Tough Mudder
- Getting your playlist on the team speakers
All about you
Bring your passions to workplace
- We want to see the real you! Your passions are the things that separate you, as an individual, from the pack and illustrate what makes you different. At FHF, we want to encourage this and support our employees to show themselves.
Finger on the cultural pulse
- We don’t like to guess and we don’t like to pretend like we know what we’re talking about. We always want to be on the cultural pulse because we want to know what’s happening – all the time. We manage to do pretty well, but we’re always looking for the latest talent to show the latest trend to dive into.
- Consumer of Content Living a digital life, knowing the ins and outs of the digital & social media landscape. Knowing each platform, how they’re typically used and feeling comfortable operating
Eye for detail
- The finer details can be the difference between a successful campaign and being on the trending Twitter list for all the wrong reasons… Please make sure we’re going viral for all the right reasons.
Voice your opinion – Aptitude in presentation and public speaking
- We don’t simply want “Yes Men/Women” – we want to hear your opinions and we want to be told things we might not have thought of otherwise! You will need to be comfortable presenting your ideas, occasionally in a public format. If you’re not, we’ll work with you to improve these skills.
- Are you the organised one in your group of friends? Outstanding organisational and time management skills
- Juggling emails, cultural research, brainstorms and making a cuppa for yourself can sometimes happen within the same breath. This role requires commitment and genuine thought in approaching how you organise and spend your time.
Next Shakespeare? Knowledge of copywriting and editing
- Confidence in writing is pivotal, as a huge part of our role revolves around communication. Without the ability to communicate efficiently through words, your communication is understandably restricted. We’re looking for someone confident in expressing themselves, with a solid handle on their writing skills to deliver succinct and key messages.
You will work with some of the industry’s most in demand minds and brands, across our consumer clients but also within the world of tech, healthcare and corporate communications. We’re not just talking about FHF either! With our work encompassing brands from Bose, Fitbit and Singapore Airlines, you’ll work with top-tier brands getting real world experience first-hand.
You’ll be integral to events
- Internships have unfortunately, but fairly, been tagged as a somewhat dirty and exploitive word in recent times. We’re well aware of this and we refuse to be like other companies. Your role with not simply be some grunt work, our desire is to have you fully integrated into our team with a full understanding of what and why things are happening.
You’ll have an internship that pays – London Living Wage
- We understand this and we do everything in our power to ensure our team is adequately paid and compensated. Not to mention our awesome benefits!
If you’re eager to create, communicate and eat cake, apply!
To apply for our Residency please send the below to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Answer the following question, any way you’d love to: What do you think the biggest issue generation Z of today face, and how would you fix it?
- For written entries, please keep answers to one page, PowerPoints to one slide and for any video content please keep to 120 seconds.
FleishmanHillard Fishburn committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
We are one of the world’s largest international communications consultancies with more than 2,500 employees in over 80+ offices around the globe. FH was founded over 65 years ago and has since established a strong reputation for delivering meaningful, positive and measurable impact for clients. We are widely recognised for exceptional service and quality standards as well as our long-term relationships with clients.
Our London office is the second largest office in the global network, defined by a series of practice groups – Corporate Communications, Public Affairs, Corporate Reporting, Brand Marketing, Digital & Social, Insights & Planning, and Brand, Content & Design – combined with expertise in industry sectors such as energy, technology, healthcare, travel and tourism, food & drink, sports, FMCG, financial & professional services.
We have a strong and talented team, a solid client base of Fortune 500 and FTSE listed companies. And, while we’re part of a successful global group, we have developed a ‘start-up’ mentality of bravery and entrepreneurialism, rooted in business-changing ideas.
Awards – just some or our awards include – Top 50 Companies for Executive Women 2010-2016 | NAFE, Gold for Best Use of Social Media Measurement, 2016 | AMEC Awards, Silver for Best Strategic / Creative Development of a New Brand, 2016 | Transform Awards Europe. International Consultancy of the Year, Global Agency of the Year and Large Agency of the Year in 2014 by PR Week, as well as European Consultancy of the Year for the second year running by the Holmes Report. We have also been named “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2013; Advertising Age’s 2012 “Best Places to Work”; and The Holmes Report’s 2012 Global “Public Affairs Agency of the Year.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity.
We are part of the Omnicom Group (NYSE:OMC), the leading global advertising, marketing and corporate communications company.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants. Any person who feels that he or she has been subjected to discrimination should immediately report the matter to Talent Development or to a supervisor.
Any reported incident will be investigated. Retaliation against an employee or applicant who makes a good-faith claim of discrimination is prohibited. Employees and applicants may bring good-faith complaints, ask questions, and raise concerns without fear of reprisal or retaliation.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.