SF Group are recruiting for a Yard Supervisor to join a market leading manufacturing company based in Derby.
Tasked with leading their on site team of operatives, the ideal candidate will come from a manufacturing or construction background and be responsible for all stock management and health and safety compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead by example with safe working practices to be conducted by the team at all times.
- Ensure that all daily checks of fork lift vehicles are undertaken and appropriate actions are taken.
- Instil good house-keeping as standard and check this is maintained; for the yard to always be safe and tidy.
- Oversee all stock rotation and on site operations.
- Ensure all Health and Safety requirements are met and promoted at all times.
- Dealing with customers and suppliers.
- Loading and unloading of materials.
- Proven supervisor experience in a similar capacity previously.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety, waste segregation and environmental issues relevant to this role.
- Strong man management skills.
- FLT licence (Counterbalance and reach truck).
Monday - Friday with over time as and when required.
Salary is paying between £28,000 - £31,000 dependant on experience as well as offering an attractive benefits scheme.