Yard Operative/FLT Driver will have direct reporting line to the Yard Foreman.
Working within a team of Yard operatives, you will be responsible to carry out routine and repair maintenance and modifications to units in a proficient and timely manner and in line with company quality standards ensuring that our containers are well maintained and available to for hire to our customers. You will also be responsible to operate Forklift truck and load/offload as necessary and ensure that all units are safely stacked. Your duties may vary from cleaning, basic plumbing, electrical, welding and joinery but training will be provided.
The ideal candidate would have some experience of the hire industry, however this is not essential as training and coaching would be provided.
- Effectively carry out cleaning and painting of cabins and containers in a proficient and timely manner
- Taking ownership of quality and productivity of all work undertaken
- Complete all necessary paperwork as requested, to include repair and job sheets
- Assist in stock take of materials
- Carry out on site repairs as requested, always acting in a professional manner
- Comply with company procedure when checking units in and out of the yard
- Report any faults in the workshop environment to the foreman
- Ensure the yard and workshop is kept clean and tidy on a daily basis
- Comply with the Company’s Health and Safety procedures at all times
Competencies and qualifications
- Previous experience in joinery, basic electrics, plumbing or welding is desirable
- Valid Driving Licence
- CSCS is desirable
- Valid B2 counterbalance license
- Previous forklift driving experience is essential
- Flexible and willing to meet the needs of the business
- Ability to work as a team, building positive relationships with colleagues
- Passionate about providing exceptional customer service, putting the customer at the heart of everything we do.
- Responsibility for making safety a top priority
- Be honest and open with both customers and colleagues at all times
- Take personal ownership of the safety of themselves and those around them
- Takes the initiative and seeks out additional work wherever possible
- Communicates in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Welcomes and acts on constructive feedback
- Highly motivated with the ability and desire to make a difference
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic, focussing on personal achievement and results
- Takes ownership of customer issues and takes immediate action to provide quality service and to promptly deal with any issues
- Ability to communicate company information to the team ensuring they understand the company’s values, goals and results.
What we can offer you
- Competitive basic salary + Possible overtime where available
- Company bonus scheme
- 31 days holidays, including bank holidays which will increase with service
- Free training and career progression plans
Regular performance reviews and succession plans for 1, 3 and 5 years with opportunity for career progression.