Link2Recruit are one of the UK's fastest growing independent recruitment companies, helping to find work for hundreds of people in the Industrial, Driving and Waste sectors on a daily basis. Our temporary workers can enjoy benefits including training and apprenticeships, as well as real opportunities for career progression and permanent employment.
Our client, a market leader in the Waste Management industry currently require a Workshop Technician to join their successful business on a permanent basis.
As a workshop technician your duties will include-
- Maintaining waste vehicles (class 2, 7.5T, Van etc)
- To facilitate vehicle chassis and body repairs.
- Carry out routine maintenance and MOT prep on a variety of vehicles
- To observe all rules and appropriate operating procedures and instructions and interact and work as a team with other workshop Staff.
- Report any unsafe or defective vehicles practices, methods or other hazards.
- Undertake diagnosis of vehicle major component overhaul
- Collect and deliver vehicles from the depot and workshop as and when
- Vehicle computer Diagnostics
The ideal candidate will need:
- Appropriate technical qualifications.
- Excellent understanding of vehicle maintenance requirements and procedures.
- Effective verbal and written skills, coupled with strong decision making and problem-solving
- Experience as a mechanic in a commercial vehicle environment.
. Full UK Driving Licence, HGV licence preferable but not essential, fully funded training can be provided for the right candidate
The role is for a workshop technician and the ideal candidate will be experienced in Mechanics, preferably within a commercial environment, Experience of the waste management industry is desirable but not essential. This is a fantastic opportunity to get your foot in the door of a national waste management company with great career prospects within a vastly growing industry.
The role is based in Weston Super-Mare and would be commutable from Bridgewater, Bristol and Burnham On-Sea. Our client is situated close to public transportation links, parking facilities are available for staff, a canteen facility is available for all staff use.
Hours of Work are Mon - Fri 9.5 oper day (45 Hours per week)
Rate of pay will be £32,000PA (plus £3,000 shift allowance)
. 28 days holidays (incl bank holidays)
. Fully funded Training and opportunities for progression
. Pension Scheme
Please apply online or call our waste management division on 0121 377 7006 option 1.
Link2Recruit Limited are operating as a recruitment business.
Key Words LGV 1,LGV1, HGV 1, HGV1, C+E, LGV 2, LGV2, HGV2, HGV 2, C, 7.5T, 7.5 Tonne, Refuse Drivers, Multidrop, Multi drop, Multi-drop Tramping, Days, Nights, van, car, drivers mates, refuse loader, street cleaner
£35,000.00 - £36,000.00 per year