We are looking for a Engineering/Workshop Supervisor to join our team in Basildon!
Do you want to be part of our energetic team of Engineers and maintenance staff repairing our fleet of vehicles? If yes, then this Workshop Supervisor position could just be the job for you!
The salary for this position is £39,000 per year and the working hours are 38 per week
As a Workshop Supervisor you will support and deputise for the Workshop Manager to carry out all aspects of engineering performance in the depot.
What will you be doing?
The Workshop Supervisor will identify and resolve day to day engineering issues, providing updates and escalating key issues or concerns to the line manager.
You will also:
- Supervise the maintenance and servicing of the fleet, ensuring vehicles comply with all statutory regulations.
- Induct and develop an engaged, talented and high performing engineering team
- Efficiently allocate planned and unplanned work across the engineering team, including covering on the day absence
- Ensure the availability of vehicles in line with operational requirements
- Support the Stores Manager to ensure optimum management of stock and accurate and timely processing of warranty claims
- Ensure accurate capture and recording of all hours worked
- Conduct any disciplinary, grievance or absence management reviews in accordance with Company policy
- Work alongside depot operational and engineering team members, fostering excellent working relationships to effectively manage all aspects of service performance, including vehicle allocation, breakdowns, changeovers and punctuality and reliability of services
Skills & Experience
- City & Guild Level 1 & 2 – Automotive Systems
- City and Guilds NVQ level 3 Skilled or equivalent.
- Core Safety Management (or equivalent)
- To apply for this role, you must be in possession of, or capable of obtaining a full PCV licence.
What can we offer you?
- up to 5 weeks holiday (plus Public Holidays)
- company pension
- free bus travel for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel on GWR, SWR and other First train companies
- High Street discounts
We will also provide you with boots, overalls and specialist equipment so no need to worry about being safe/protected or having the right kit for the job!
What do we do?
One of the UK's largest bus operators, our team of 17,000 Journey Makers helps 1.6 million customers every single day to get to where they want to go.
Engineering is an integral part of our business focusing on efficiency, excellence, safety and reliability. We're constantly looking for ways to improve our processes, techniques and ways of engineering our very diverse fleet.
Working for First UK Bus you'll find your role varied, rewarding and satisfying. You'll work alongside our great team of technicians, mechanics, electricians and cleaners who all pull together to do a brilliant job! No two days are ever the same!
Interested? Apply Today!