We are looking for a keen and experienced powered access engineer or mechanic/ service engineer to join our depot in our depot in West Thurrock! This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is either an experienced powered access engineer OR maybe you are an experienced car mechanic, electrical engineer or similar and fancy doing something a bit different.
As a Workshop Service Engineer for Nationwide Platforms you will work within a busy depot to inspect, repair and maintain our machines ensuring that they are ready for use by our customers. Our machines are powered access machines such as booms and scissor lifts but don’t worry full training will be given! So, providing you have a great attitude and are willing to learn plus have some mechanical/ electrical engineering experience behind you then this could be the role for you!
In reward we can offer you a competitive salary, engineering productivity bonus scheme, life assurance x2 contractual salary, Westfield health care plan, 25 days holiday and a pension. Working hours are Monday – Friday 8-5.30pm. Location is West Thurrock RM 20 3ED.
• Support the Senior Service Engineer in the effective running of the Depot workshop within the region
• Carry out pre-delivery inspections (PDI) of machines at client premises and at depot as required, and in conformance with manufacturer’s specification, company policy and the regulations affecting the use. Ensure that there is no deficiency or defect likely to affect the safe working of a machine. Notify appropriate manager of any defective or unsafe equipment
• Repair machines at depot or on site as required to ensure conformance with manufactures specification and company policy
• To complete planned maintenance activities including maintaining the appearance of the fleet to corporate standard
• Handover machines to customers and familiarise customers with safe machine operation in accordance with company procedures
• Act as an ambassador for the company, providing a high standard of customer care and being polite at all times. Relay appropriate customer queries to depot staff as required
• Accurately complete all relevant paperwork including engineer’s report, off hire, pre/delivery inspection and service sheets.
• Update system on machine status change i.e. PDI carried out, Machine under repair, 6 monthly statutory Inspection completed
The ideal candidate will have:
• Relevant General Maintenance qualification and proven experience gained within the Construction Industry
• Experience in Plant, diesel engineering, auto electrics, hydraulics, diagnostics fault finding
• Have a mature outlook and the ability to prioritise tasks and work well under pressure
• Understand the importance of excellent customer service
• Must hold a clean licence
In return you will receive:
• A Competitive Salary
• Health Cash Plan
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Nationwide Platforms is the market-leading powered access rental company in the UK, providing a fleet of more than 13,000 machines from a network of 30 depots across the country. It also has the largest powered access training department in Europe, delivering a comprehensive range of working at height training courses to powered access operators and the access industry.
Nationwide Platforms is part of Loxam, the largest equipment rental company in Europe.