We are currently seeking experienced time-served Electricians. Job role; Workshop and Field Service Engineers based near Basildon branch and covering array of sites and installation across the U.K, main scope of work within the south east.
Candidate must have experience within the heavy engineering sectors, electrical installation to a high standard, fault finding, ability to understand wiring drawings, ability to test electrical systems. If candidates have maintenance experience of High voltage systems this would an advantage but not essential.
£33,000 to £42,000 depending on qualifications and experience.
- Company van fully kitted out + fuel card.
- 28 days Annual holidays + statutory/ bank holidays.
- 40-hour week during normal office hours Monday – Friday.
- Out of hours call outs (1 in 5) will be a part of this role.
- Vehicle, uniform, PPE, mobile phone and tools will be provided.
- Uncapped overtime structure.
- Statutory Pension Scheme.
- Training and Development Opportunities
The successful applicant will have the following profile:
- A full driving license, preferably clean.
- Be self-motivated to work individually but adaptable to work as part of a team.
- Able to communicate in a clear, concise, logical manner both verbally and written.
- Served a recognised Electrical Indentured Apprenticeship.
- Fault finding, repair, installation and commissioning experience.
- Good customer service skills.
- Have a good level of fitness due to the physical demands of the job.
- Be able to pass security clearances.
- Have a flexible and positive outlook.
- Be available for call out.
- Flexibility to work away from home when needed.
- Have relevant knowledge, training and experience within heavy engineering sectors specific to the requirements under roles and responsibilities.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Diagnose and repair electrical problems in commercial and heavy industry electrical systems, including fault-finding, rewiring, and monitoring
- Conduct routine maintenance and testing on commercial and heavy industry electrical systems, and ensure installations are to manufacturer standards
- The ability to read electrical drawings, although full training will be provided for our specific requirements.
- Rewire faulty electrical systems to a high standard
- Ensure good quality workmanship which upholds company standards, complies with building codes, and follows safety requirements
- Work alone to find and present faults and concerns in electrical systems without receiving explicit direction
- Provide exceptional customer service and answer any customer questions
- Install electrical systems to 18th edition wiring regulations.
- Provide professional assessments and advice for customers
- Possess working knowledge of IEE regulations, City & Guilds 2360 and 2382 qualifications, and inspection and testing certificate (2391)
- Previous experience of electrical testing, installation scopes, faulty finding.
- When required assist and lead planned projects and outages as directed by peers.
- Effectively manage work schedule.
Desirable and Technical Skills:
The following qualities would be an advantage but are not essential.
- 1-4 CompEx Trained.
- Previous experience; Power generation sector ‘prime movers and BOP.
- High voltage systems
- Electrical maintenance activities such as trace heating installation or testing, motor installation and testing
- Electrical Actuator testing.
Please send a CV detailing relevant experience and including full contact details for immediate consideration.
Uncapped overtime structure