Cigna is expanding its deployment of Workforce/ Resource Management and Capacity Planning across the business as we fulfill our customer-centric mission to help the people we serve improve their health and well-being. The Planning & Insight team determines the appropriate staffing/ resources needed to meet our customers’ expectations and within key business targets. The team must possess the ability to visualize, articulate, and solve complex and complicated business problems and identify opportunities for innovation for our global verticals including employer segments, medical cost management, finance, and service operations. These businesses are aligned under our health improvement to drive affordability and customer experience strategies; all with the common goal of identifying what works best – personalized for our customers.
- Able to devise detailed resource optimization plans in a multi-site, multiple networks, multiple lines of business & heavily decentralized environment and implement the same on capacity models/tools.
- Under general direction, analyzes call center trends, staff productivity, attrition rates, and resource allocation. Utilizes reports and coordinates and completes capacity planning within the function.
- Able to understand & analyze short and long term staffing plans incorporating multiple work types (i.e. inbound, outbound, back office work etc) with competing operational goals & effectively distribute resources to meet all goals simultaneously.
- Must be able to understand healthcare inventory management, forecasting, and associated staffing by multiple skills/work types
- Ensures the accuracy and timeliness of data by working time-off, schedules changes, and other WFM requests.
- Must have an understanding call delivery technology platforms.
- Works collaboratively with stakeholders, Departments /function and teams to create and deliver resource capacity forecasts.
- Manage relationships with business operations , finance and Manage workload assignments across environment achieving optimal performance
- Contribute to or develop complete, realistic and achievable plans to drive project to successful implementation (on time, within budget and meeting Customer needs) of new predictive models.
- Strong ability to multi-task in a fast pace operational environment
- Must be able to communicate effectively with multiple levels of management
- Must be able to effectively drive requirements, discipline and results with local and remote (Global teams) teams.
- Must be able to consolidate staffing requirements for multiple units and projects in the organization into a global staffing model.
- Work closely with Finance and Operations to transform the capacity plans into quarterly and yearly Fiscal Road Maps
- Proactively identify and initiate change to address performance and process issues.
- Graduation in Business Administration, Finance or equivalent required
- Min. 3+ years operational planning experience including forecasting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including but not limited:
- Expert in Excel, macros, formulas
- MS Access
- Polished presentation Skills
- Strategic staffing and capacity management experience for a global corporation
- Experience partnering closely with Finance team & Operations team
- Ability to organize workflow of other analysts; interact with partners; develop reporting.
- Proficient in all aspects of daily workforce management duties.
- Good verbal and written communications skills and the ability to work effectively in a virtual team environment.
- Clinical Healthcare planning experience would be beneficial
- Knowledge on administering any WFM software, Avaya, CUIC or Cisco Phone System will be useful
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives while working together to make the world a healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.