We have an opportunity for a Work Placement Officer to join the team at our Chichester Campus where you will help build relationships and help find companies that will engage with students on a work placement programme. This is a full time position working 37 hours per week. In return you will receive a competitive salary of £20,878 - £22,817 per annum.
From 2020 students will have an alternative to ‘A Levels’. ‘T Levels’ are two year technical programmes designed with employers, giving young people the skills that industry needs. Part of the T Level programme will be a significant industry placement of at least 45 days. The role is responsible for supporting the College’s engagement with Employers of the first three T Levels to be introduced in 2020.
In return as our Work Placement Officer we will offer you:
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave package
- Parental benefits including childcare vouchers
- Discounted private medical care
- Subsidised local gym membership
- Other high street discounts plus more
Key responsibilities of our Work Placement Officer:
- Liaise with employers and secure suitable work placements and industry placements for students
- Liaise with student tutors, parents and employers regarding placements
- Attend and contribute to regular team meetings
- Attend parents evenings as and when required
- Contribute relevant information as required for external verification visits
- Assist with the co-ordination of health and safety checks and risk assessments
- Act as a link between the curriculum areas and the Positive About Futures team
Our ideal Work Placement Officer should have the below skills and experience:
- Educated to Level 3
- Education to GCSE standard (or equivalent) grade C or above including English Language and Maths
- Experience working with 16-19 year olds in an educational setting
- Experience liaising with employers, parents and students
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety requirements
- Competent 365 user
- Administrative skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people at all ages and levels, verbally and in writing
If you would like to learn more about our Work Placement Officer role then please click ‘Apply’ today!
Closing date: Thursday 6th June 2019
Interview date: Thursday 20th June 2019
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 3 Colleges: one at Chichester, one at Crawley and one at Brinsbury near Pulborough, which is land-based. Through our Colleges we educate and train around 25,000 full and part time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions' employers.
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.