Base Management is accountable for delivering production from existing fields and maintaining the integrated view of Region production performance with a focus on maximising short-medium term production within the operating limits and Area Depletion Plans (ADPs). The breadth of expertise and the scope of the business delivery covered by Base Management is supported by a central Base Management team through a small number of sub-divisions of activity, hence effective Base Management covers three elements:
· Waterflood and Reservoir Operations
· Well Management (well performance, wellwork, well deferrals and sand management)
· System Modelling and Optimisation
This role reports directly to the VP Base Management and is accountable for the Well Management team, one of three teams in the central Base Management team, providing technical support to all regions to underpin delivery of their Reservoir Operating Plans (ROPs).
The successful candidate will set and manage, in consultation with the BM VP, the day to day delivery of the team and play a key role in developing the company’s strategic capability over the next decade. In addition, they will provide technical input and support for various BM related Practices and functional reviews.
The Well Management Team delivery includes:
· Well Management (includes CoP and courses)
· Wellwork performance management
· Well Performance
· Wells Design and Operating Limits
· Well bean-up and start-up support
· Reservoir & Well Reliability (includes RWRL 'CoP' and courses)
· Reservoir & Well Surveillance (includes CoP and courses)
· Capacity Management (includes IPC change mgmt)
· M&T Optimized Production Big Bet
· Well Sand Management (includes CoP, courses, ASD oversight team and SMaRT (Sand Management Response Team)
· Production Forecasting (includes CoP)
BP Requirements: several of the above are supported by Practices, Procedures and Guides which this team has authored and refreshes per schedule. These include Wells - Design and Operating Limits, Managing Sand through a Production System, Well Sand Management Guide (WIKI), Reservoir and Wells Surveillance Guide (WIKI), Erosion Procedure, Production Forecasting.
BP Toolkit: the team maintains the WDOL Toolkit, the PRODUCTION HOPPER(TM) and the WETS(TM) tool; as well as multiple Spotfire and PowerBI viewers of the hopper, WETS™ and other BM data bases.
· Manage a small team of highly skilled engineering professionals in the central Base Management team, focusing on managing BP's wells (sand mgmt, stimulations, well performance, artificial lift, well interventions, WETSTM, PRODUCTION HOPPERTM, WDOL, investigations, etc.)
· Develop team AOP and individual MyPlans; manage team to deliver those plans; discuss and report progress and exceptions to the VP Base Mgmt and DD Petr Eng.
· Develop and maintain relationships with key personnel in Global Wells Organisation and Global Operations Organisation leadership in order to agree and coordinate integrated work processes and projects.
· Coordinate and complement AOPs of the other central Base Mgmt teams (Water Flood & Reservoir Operations and System Modeling & Optimization); with the central Reservoir & Wells Reliability working group; and with the Production Technology team.
· Develop and maintain relationships with Region leadership (Area Res Dev Mgrs, Base Mgmt Mgrs and Base Mgmt TLs) in order to agree project and support requirements. Liaise with ResDev Planning to insure proper representation in work forecasts.
· Conduct mid-year and year-end performance reviews with team members. Participate in performance rating and calibration/ranking processes. Communicate outcomes and pay advice per annual schedule.
· Ensure team compliance with the BP Code of Conduct. Model and monitor BP Values and Behaviors. Guide team through Mindset Shift. Guide team through implementation of Agile work processes.
B.S. Petroleum Eng. or Relevant degree in Engineering and or Sciences or equivalent education/experience.
Essential experience and job requirements
· Extensive experience in petroleum engineering with strong and demonstrable experience in well management.
· Consistent performer with strong initiative and bias for action and a deep understanding of Petroleum and Reservoir Engineering principles and practices.
· Experience of leading and managing a cross disciplinary team and supporting projects within Development and Operate stages of field life.
· A proven ability to engage and influence Global Operations Organisation / Global Wells Organisation
· Ability to lead and engage through others
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
· Experience of working with more than one region.
· Understanding and experience applying BP Common Processes.
· Genuine enthusiasm and demonstrated commitment to the application and implementation of technology.
Yes - up to 10%
Is this a part time position?
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
BP is one of the world's leading international oil and gas companies. Through our work we provide customers with fuel for transportation, energy for heat and light, lubricants to keep engines moving, and the petrochemicals products used to make everyday items as diverse as paints, clothes and packaging. Our objective is to create value for shareholders and supplies of energy for the world in a safe and responsible way. We strive to be a safety leader in our industry, a world-class operator, a responsible corporate citizen and a good employer.
Our Upstream segment is responsible for our activities in oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, and midstream transportation, storage and processing.
At the same time, we’re investing in the talents of the 20,000 people who work to make these activities a reality.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½” scalp, or > 2 cm/¾” body – arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at BPUSApplicationAssis@bp.com or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the poster supplement - for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. (Spanish version)
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement.
If you are applying for a position in the United States, you must be at least 18 years of age, legally authorized to work in the United States; and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., TN, H1B status), now or in the future.