45 hours per week
Attractive Salary & Employee Benefits Package
We are one of the world’s largest metal recycling companies with over 170 sites worldwide. We have the capability to recycle anything from a toaster to an aircraft carrier and invest heavily in developing our own technologies in our quest to be the global leader in sustainability. We also invest in our people, as they are the driving force of our success.
Our Weighbridge Opportunity
Our Weighbridge Operatives are the first people our customers and clients meet when coming into the depots, and the last people they see on the way out.
Without their customer service skills and industry knowledge, our depots wouldn't be the successes they are today.
As a Weighbridge Administrator, you will develop a solid foundation of knowledge and expertise of the company and the industry, and the role can be that great first step into a career in recycling and sustainability.
What you will be doing:
· Managing all vehicles entering and exiting the depot, weighing their load and recording data accurately.
· Recording and calculating inputs and outputs, producing weighbridge tickets.
· Carrying out the necessary admin work to complete the process.
· Liaising with customers, acting as first point of contact for a customer to resolve any issues/problems.
· Issuing and collecting standard PPE to customers and visitors where required.
· Liaise with other depot team members keeping a steady flow of traffic moving.
· Operating the hands free radio and depot CCTV.
· Developing knowledge of materials, metal grades and the recycling industry.
· Do you have outstanding attention to accuracy and detail?
· Can you communicate effectively with various customers, clients and staff?
· Are you able to prioritise workloads and work to deadlines?
· Can you be flexible to meet changing priorities, and remain calm under pressure?
· Can you work safely and effectively in a large industrial environment?
· Are you able travel to and from the depot without difficulty?
· Can you work Saturday mornings on rota basis?
· Are you happy to undergo a financial and criminal background check?
· Do you want to kick start your career in recycling?
How to apply:
Please apply with an up to date CV, including your email address, contact number and details of your current salary. Due to the nature of the role, a financial and DBS background check is also required, at the employer’s expense.
Direct candidate applications will only be accepted for this vacancy.
Applications or speculative CV’s via agencies will not be accepted.
EMR Group and its subsidiaries are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer, and value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.