WEB TRADING MANAGER - MATERNITY COVER (12 MONTHS)
Reporting to: Head of eCommerce
Location: Borehamwood, Hertfordshire
Buyagift.com and Red Letter Days are the UK Brands for Smartbox Group. We are the UK’s leading gift experience provider. Our core focus is to deliver happiness to our customers, suppliers, staff and retail partners. We aim to do this by providing industry leading products.
We have been part of the Smartbox Group since 2009 – the world’s largest provider of experiences. Across Europe a Smartbox Group experience is purchased every five seconds! The iconic Red Letter Days brand was added to our portfolio in November 2017 – adding additional complexity and challenges to our web trading strategy.
About the role
As Web Trading Manager you will be responsible for driving profitable sales growth on the Buyagift and Red Letter Days websites through the management of category/product mix and margin. This role is supported by a team (currently 3 Website Executives) who have a day to day focus on ensuring the website is fully optimised and delivered across all marketing channels and mobile devices.
- Responsible for marketing trade planning, including seasonal peaks
- Use web analytics to track KPIs and identifying areas in need of improvement or focus including driving channel specific improvements
- Deliver strong seasonal product offers, and introduce new product concepts and ranges, ensuring our offering is best in market and continually evolving
- Develop a strong knowledge of product categories and key competitors
- Develop and manage a team of 3
And now a bit about you
- Proven commercial experience of trading in a fast paced and reactive environment
- Able to multi-task and to tight deadlines
- Ability to prioritise workload effectively for yourself and your team
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Commercial awareness & problem solving skills
- Highly proactive & solutions driven
- Significant commercial experience in an Ecommerce environment, including digital analytics
- Previous experience of managing a team
Would be good if you had, but not essential
- Experience of using Endeca/ATG
- Experience of working with UX/development teams
About the eCommerce Team
The eCommerce Team is a team of traders, website merchandisers, web designers, and UX specialists. Together they are accountable for ensuring the delivery of B2C sales and conversion targets through all marketing channels within budgeted spend constraints to achieve profitable business growth. The team co-ordinates across many different areas of the business, including digital marketing and acquisition, buying, fulfilment and IT.
To achieve fast and profitable growth by delighting our customers, providing significant volumes of incremental business to our suppliers and providing a fun & progressive working environment for our team.
To reach a stage where there is never a reason for a customer to buy an experience from anyone else. To achieve this, we aim to have the best experience selection, at market leading prices, sold through an industry leading e-commerce platform that is marketed through cutting edge e-marketing techniques.
What to know what it is like to work at Buyagift and Red Letter Days, why not check out our company reviews on Glassdoor: https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Buyagift-Reviews-E1140132.htm
Disclaimer: In applying to this position, you consent to Buyagift Plc to keep your CV and application details on records and to process your CV internally with relevant departments involved with the recruitment of the advertised position.
Due to the high volume of applications it will not be possible to respond to unsuccessful candidates. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause