Web Development and Infrastructure Manager - Working from home - up to £50,000 pa + bonus, 33 days holiday, death in service, official qualifications, pension
Powered by Retail Success magic42 has gone from strength to strength and established itself as one of Birmingham’s leading eCommerce agencies. It’s an exciting time for us as a business and we are now looking for a Technical Manager - Web Development and Infrastructure to come and lead our development team and contribute to our ongoing success.
ROLE: Technical Manager - Web Development and Infrastructure - currently WFH
SALARY: Up to £50,000 depending on experience + bonus, pension, death in service, 33 days holiday, gym membership, official qualifications
Are you an experienced web or software developer who enjoys coaching others and are you looking to step up? Perhaps you are a Web Development and Infrastructure Manager that is keen to stay “hands on”.
If you are a wizard at using Linux command lines, enjoy development and infrastructure management and are passionate about technology please read on. magic42 has a great opportunity for a highly technical and ambitious individual that enjoys developing others, while developing themselves further.
In this role you will be leading a team of developers, building eCommerce solutions with Magento and Shopify and integrating systems to build scalable high-performance websites for our clients. This role will be the perfect opportunity for a people loving individual that has a keen interest in sharing knowledge and coaching younger and less experienced developers.
- Hands-on software development in Magento/PHP and other web technologies
- E-commerce technical solution design, planning software roadmaps and technology architectures
- Hands-on Linux server management using Puppet and other automation tools to improve deployment pipelines and streamline developer workflow
- Organising learning workshops and encouraging a continuous learning environment, promoting agile methods in our distributed dev teams
- Interviewing, on-boarding and mentoring developers, making sure they have learning goals and structured plans to develop their skills and gain certifications
- You'll be an experienced developer and know how to lead and motivate a development team. You may even have worked with e-commerce platforms like Magento or Shopify.
- You'll have strong Linux command line skills, familiarity with DevOps tools and knowledge of web security
- You'll have solid OOP software development experience, with knowledge of OO design and software integration patterns.
- You'll have worked on some complex projects and understand the challenges with large scale transactional systems.
- You will have experience in interviewing, coaching and inducting developers into teams
As a business magic42 celebrates diversity and inclusion. Our culture revolves around our people and we are committed to the continuous development of our team members. We achieve this through offering support with official qualifications, in house training, IT workshops, internal hackathons, bespoke personal development and learning plans and much more.
Currently we all work from home and although we’re not yet sure what the new normal will look like, we expect to be office based for 1 or 2 days per week in the future. All technical assessments and interviews will be completed virtually.
Key words: team management, PHP, LAMP, devops, puppet, line management, mentoring, training, web development, ecommerce development, software development, OOP, object oriented, software engineering, Apache, Linus, command lines, server management, infrastructure management, automation
bonus, pension,33 days holiday, death in service, official qualifications