Position: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: £26,000 - £32,000 /year based on candidate experience
We are looking for a Web Developer, with focus on Front End Development, to join a growing digital team within an expanding and evolving company based in Killingworth. This is an excellent opportunity for a dedicated and hard-working developer to make their mark in an evolving company with lots of opportunities to progress their career.
Your role will primarily require you to work across both front and back end to create high quality, standards-compliant code using - primarily open-source - content management software.
Over the next 4-6 months we're looking to introduce a number of new online products and the successful candidate will play a leading role in this implementation. We have previously outsourced our development but are now looking to bring this in-house. This will present many opportunities for the right candidate to make their mark and contribute to building a market leading company.
Beyond that we'll be expanding our web-applications portfolio and once bedded in, with a full understanding of the business and our market, the successful candidate will play a pivotal role in the direction this process.
If you have a passion for sports and a drive to succeed, we would love to talk to you.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Maintenance, use and improvement of all company open source and bespoke content management and eCommerce systems.
- Develop custom web applications and digital products from concept through to completion.
- Write technical specifications and timescales for digital projects and work to those timescales.
- Delivery of all company development work Front End (primarily) and Back End.
- Liaise with Managers and Directors to ensure appropriate quality standards are met and timely delivery of projects.
- Understand our market, our business and it's needs and objectives on every project you work on.
- Be proactive in staying on top of digital developments, trends and competition.
Technical Skill Requirements (Essential):
- Experienced in cross-browser compatible, multi-device web page layout development using the latest HTML5/CSS3 standards-compliant code.
- Competent working with WordPress & E-commerce websites.
- Experience building responsive websites & an understanding of the importance of responsive website design.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to present concepts and designs.
- The ability to work unsupervised or as part of a team.
- Experience building Mobile Applications.
- Implementation of the latest Search Engine Optimisation techniques.
- Experience using version control software such as Git.
To apply to our vacancy for a Web Developer, please click Apply and submit a copy of your CV for consideration.
We look forward to hearing from you!