- One of the UK's most popular small business finance apps with over 80,000 customers. We help small businesses sort out the mess and the stress of managing their business finances
- Loved and adored by customers. We have an NPS of 70 (which is considered "exceptional")
- Rated ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ on Trustpilot. See what customers say
This is your chance to come and shape the future of small business banking and accounting!
Make a difference
It's an exciting time at FreeAgent. We're seeing a revolution in the FinTech industry, and new government initiatives such as Making Tax Digital and Open Banking are opening up new features and products and experiences for our customers.
The technology in this space is changing rapidly and at FreeAgent we're working on the cutting edge. We're focused on designing the best possible experience for our growing customer base.
Creating the best place to work
We want people to be productive, to have career opportunities, to be focused on meaningful work and to have an excellent work/life balance. We like to think we work smarter, not harder, which is why we stick to a 35-hour working week and still Get Things Done.
Day-to-day, here’s what you can expect:
As part of the team working on the FreeAgent website, you'll be designing new sections of the site, improving existing areas and ensuring the customer experience we deliver is second-to-none. You’ll also be instrumental in helping us understand how our site and the IA that underpins it needs to evolve and grow in the future.
- You’ll be in the driving seat! Spinning-up lo-fi pencil and paper prototypes for new site features or improvements to refining prototypes in your graphic editor of choice (we like Sketch) and presenting your ideas to the team.
- Create functioning prototypes to test workflows with our users
- You’ll always be looking to drive the FreeAgent website forward - digging into behavioural data to understand how people are using it, and how we can improve our conversion rates.
- Working collaboratively with other designers and colleagues across the business to deliver towards our company objectives.
- You’ll work alongside website engineers implementing new design patterns and pushing forward our design system.
- You'll need to be comfortable having your work critiqued, and collaborating closely with fellow designers and engineers.
This would be a great role for you if you have worked as a web designer in an agency, as a successful freelancer or as an in-house designer.
You’ll be able to demonstrate:
- A track record of designing UI across entire user journeys for complex websites, translating research and insights into elegant solutions for our users.
- Knowledge of best practices with regard to web standards, usability and accessibility.
- Knowledge of fundamental UX techniques including user testing, wireframing, prototyping, interaction flows and information architecture.
- Strong visual design skills
- Experience working with developers using HTML and CSS.
- Confidence to work with engineers to implement new features within our website and application frameworks.
FreeAgent’s design team includes product designers, communications designers and UX researchers. We work closely together, share work often and collaborate across teams. As a designer at FreeAgent you’ll be expected to champion your work and be prepared to explain and promote your ideas.
Front and centre to our work, we strive tirelessly to create the very best experience for our customers. We'll encourage you to be brave, take risks and fail without fear, because we believe in the value of the journey and in learning by making. It’s fast-paced at times, but it’s always fun!
Extra kudos / Bonus points
- You’ll be working alongside our UX Researchers - This means that while having some experience with conducting user research is great, we’re primarily looking for you to be a keen advocate of working with research.
£36,000 - £48,000 per annum depending on experience, plus we provide a comprehensive package of employee benefits, which have been carefully selected to protect you, to promote healthy lifestyles, and to give you peace of mind. You can read more about these on our website.
Applying for the role ✍
Our application process is simple; please include:
- A CV
- A design portfolio is a must have, and we like ones that feature case studies. We’d love to hear about your work not just see it.
- You may have work out there in the wild that you can point at to help us see what really interests you as a designer.
Our selection process usually involves a phone interview, a video call with the Design team, and a practical exercise and a visit to our beautiful Edinburgh office so you can meet and get to know the team. Don’t worry, we’re a nice bunch and we work hard to make the process as straightforward, transparent and enjoyable as possible.
We really value applications from people with varied backgrounds and perspectives.
Don’t forget to tell us about why you think FreeAgent is the right place for you to make a difference!