Web Designer & Developer (Arts Sector) - London, SW9
A talented Web Designer & Developer is needed to join a highly creative team, in London. They are the leading website platform for the world's top art galleries and artists. They design and build cutting-edge bespoke projects and website builder tools to help hundreds of new clients each year to create their own beautiful online presence.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a creative Web Designer & Developer to progress their career by designing and building the best websites in the art world. Based in London & New York, our client is on a mission to make the business of art more efficient, giving galleries, artists & collectors the time and space to do the things they love. Their high energy, high standards culture and collaborative approach encourages team members to flourish. They are passionate about building the most advanced website and database platform for the art world and delivering incredible work to their growing list of over 1,500 clients across six continents.
As a result of the COVID-19 crisis, this role would involve working remotely until they eventually transition back to working from the London office. Therefore, you must be capable of working from home (adequate working conditions, low noise levels, decent broadband connection) and then be able to work in their London office. You will need to have the legal right to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role.
More detail about the Web Designer & Developer role:
Under the direction of the senior design team the Web Designer / Web Developer will be tasked to come up with unique design concepts and develop these into the finished product. There will often be elements of UI, UX and branding required in the design work you do. The successful Web Designer / Web Developer will be a talented all-rounder that has a both a great eye for design and some experience with building websites.
Design projects- You will be tasked to deliver initial design concepts, working with both senior designers and the client to produce revisions and achieve design sign-off.
Design support - You will supply design support to their senior design team, taking design concepts and turning them into the finished article and creating design presentations. You may also be asked to work alongside a team of senior designers or developers on larger projects to fully develop ideas, or curate beautiful sample content for design mock-ups.
Web development - You will implement finished designs on their website platform, primarily by customising CSS on top of a pre-built website to achieve the final look and feel. You will also be tasked with both back-end and frontend changes to the functionality of their websites to achieve the requirements of specific projects.
Project management - You will be responsible for the management of each of your own projects, from inception of the initial brief right through to the delivery of the finished product. You will also be required to liaise with other web developers who will be implementing aspects of your designs, ensuring the end product meets their high standards.
To qualify you need to be a Web Designer & Developer who can demonstrate:
- A strong portfolio of website design projects, a good standard of relevant development/programming skills and the desire to learn and adapt quickly.
- Exceptional design skills. You must have a keen eye for detail, intuitive user experience and an appreciation for good website design.
- Proven experience. You must have a varied portfolio and demonstrable experience working on previous real-world websites or applications.
- Design tools. A good understanding of design tools such as Sketch or Photoshop.
- Communication. Excellent communication skills, ability to present your work to the senior team.
- Organisation. You will be responsible to project manage entire projects from start to finish - and oversee web developers tasked with implementing project designs.
- Feedback. The ability to communicate the reasoning behind your work, digest feedback and translate into an updated proposal.
The below are highly beneficial, but not essential - though a keen interest in learning is a required:
- Advanced tech stack. Knowledge of one or more backend programming languages such as Python, Ruby or PHP, combined with some basic knowledge of MySQL.
- An interest in the creative industries and fine art in particular would make the position even more exciting and enjoyable but is not required.
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a rewarding company at an incredibly exciting time - they are already well established but very ambitious for high growth. They have a hugely talented, friendly, committed team of over 40 people, in return you can expect fantastic benefits that include great equipment, iMac or MacBook for everyone, free team lunch every Friday, a well-stocked kitchen with espresso machine and snacks, an awesome on-site canteen, indoor secure bicycle parking and showers.
More about our client:
Their London based office is a renovated factory building which is bright and open plan, bathed in natural light and only a short walk from Oval Underground station and close to Stockwell and Vauxhall. They pride themselves on their friendly and relaxed working environment, you will enjoy the security of a long-established business, in a high growth phase with a stable team. They are a diverse and welcoming group.
£35 - £50K + Bens