Base Management is accountable for delivering production from existing fields and maintaining the integrated view of Region production performance with a focus on maximising short-medium term production within the operating limits and Area Depletion Plans (ADPs). The breadth of expertise and the scope of the business delivery covered by Base Management is supported by a central Base Management team through a small number of sub-divisions of activity, hence effective Base Management covers three elements:
· Waterflood and Reservoir Operations
· Well Management (well performance, wellwork, well deferrals and sand management)
· System Modelling and Optimisation
This role reports directly to the VP Base Management and is accountable for managing the Waterflood and Reservoir Operations (WF&RO) team, one of three teams in the central Base Management team, providing technical support to all regions to underpin delivery of their Reservoir Operating Plans (ROPs).
The successful candidate will set and manage, in consultation with the BM VP, the day to day delivery of the team and play a key role in developing the company’s strategic capability over the next decade. In addition, they will provide technical input and support for various BM related Practices and functional reviews.
While waterflooding remains the primary oil recovery process in BP, the addition of more gas assets to BP’s portfolio has also widened the remit of the WF&RO team. WF&RO now encompasses providing specialist technical support and enhancing functional capability across all aspects of reservoir management and reservoir types. The expansion of the team to include production petrophysics and pressure transient analysis brings significant expertise in surveillance technology and new toolkit for maximising value from data acquisition.
The central Base Management team is a highly capable team, with several Petroleum Engineering Advisors and Community of Practice (CoP) Leaders. The team is both multi-cultural and multi-disciplined containing a cross section of people fluent in petroleum engineering, reservoir engineering, production petrophysics and production operations. The central Base Management team currently comprises over 30 people, based in Sunbury, Houston, Aberdeen, Anchorage and Baku.
- Manage a small team of highly skilled engineering professionals in the central Base Management team, focusing on BP's short term reservoir management
- Lead waterflood and reservoir operations functional agenda, including production petrophysics
- Support regions in developing and execution of Reservoir Operating Plans and managing RDOL/WDOL
- Embed the Waterflood and Injection Management Practice and related guides in regions; audit compliance; identify gaps and track actions to closure.
- Develop and manage standardised tools and processes that will be embedded in regions to improve reservoir management capability
- Maintain view of region technical needs to define and develop the L&OD technical content to enhance org capability
- Represent BP in partner and external fora and provide regional challenge in assurance reviews and Peer assists
- Support delivery of the Reservoir Development Annual Functional Plan (AFP).
- Deliver all people management accountabilities for the WF&RO team in compliance with HR practices and procedures
B.S. Petroleum Eng. or Relevant degree in Engineering and or Sciences or equivalent education/experience.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Extensive experience in petroleum/reservoir engineering with strong and demonstrable experience in managing WF operations, and ideally experience of produced water treatment and management issues.
- Consistent performer with strong initiative and bias for action and a deep understanding of Petroleum and Reservoir Engineering principles and practices.
- Experience of leading and managing a cross disciplinary team and supporting projects within Development and Operate stages of field life.
- A proven ability to engage and influence Global Operations Organisation /Global Wells Organisation.
- Ability to lead and engage through others
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Location: Sunbury / Aberdeen / Houston. Occasional travel to Base Management sites and Sunbury.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
· Experience of working with more than one region.
· Understanding and experience applying BP Common Processes.
· Genuine enthusiasm and demonstrated commitment to the application and implementation of technology.
Yes - up to 10%
Is this a part time position?
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
BP is one of the world's leading international oil and gas companies. Through our work we provide customers with fuel for transportation, energy for heat and light, lubricants to keep engines moving, and the petrochemicals products used to make everyday items as diverse as paints, clothes and packaging. Our objective is to create value for shareholders and supplies of energy for the world in a safe and responsible way. We strive to be a safety leader in our industry, a world-class operator, a responsible corporate citizen and a good employer.
Our Upstream segment is responsible for our activities in oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, and midstream transportation, storage and processing.
At the same time, we’re investing in the talents of the 20,000 people who work to make these activities a reality.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½” scalp, or > 2 cm/¾” body – arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at BPUSApplicationAssis@bp.com or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the poster supplement - for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. (Spanish version)
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement.
If you are applying for a position in the United States, you must be at least 18 years of age, legally authorized to work in the United States; and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., TN, H1B status), now or in the future.