An exciting opportunity has risen for a Warehouse Team Leader to join our team here at Exact Logistics. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will be based in Rugby. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £22,000 - £25,000 per annum.
Exact Logistics have been operating since 2009. Our aim is to deliver a very different level of palletised distribution service to businesses in Coventry & Warwickshire. We have grown rapidly through responding to the differing needs of our customers, helping them to win and retain their customers. We now have customers in Germany, Spain and France as well as locally.
We combine the responsiveness and flexibility you expect from a family business with the highest professional standards. As a small business, we value and support our colleagues. We offer on the job and external training and promote from within whenever we can.
The Warehouse Team Leader role:
You will lead the warehouse operation to ensure trailers are promptly unloaded, shipments checked, and outgoing shipments are labelled and loaded out on to hub trailers. You will also manage the warehouse team to ensure that there is enough staff to cover the peaks and troughs and ensure effective processes are in place to meet all operational tasks.
Working hours: 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday, 10:00 – 19:00 with 1-hour break. Occasional holiday cover outside these hours may be required which could involve nights or weekends.
What you will be doing as our Warehouse Team Leader:
- Manage the Forklift Truck (FLT) drivers to ensure the correct resources are in place and efficiently used.
- Manage the warehouse and yard in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure specific warehouse KPI’s are met and exceeded.
- Ensure efficient methods of working with multiple trailers within the site yard in a safe manner.
- Provide advice and guidance to other employees – warehouse supervisor and warehouse operatives.
- Ensure that incoming shipments are offloaded quickly and processed with minimum delay.
- Receive network labels from the office and apply them to the correct pallets.
- Ensure incoming international trailers are promptly unloaded, shipments checked, labelled and loaded out for transport to the relevant hub.
- Ensure that FLT drivers promptly load hub trailers so they can be sent as early as possible during the day.
- Control FLT drivers loading deliveries in the morning and unloading any early collection rounds.
- Carry out regular reviews of operational processes and procedures to identify and implement improvements.
- Train and recruit new FLT drivers as and when required.
- Make operational decisions and solve operational problems.
- Manage or contribute to one off projects as agreed with board directors.
Our Ideal Warehouse Team Leader will have the below skills and experience:
- Experienced in loading and unloading trailers.
- Experienced in optimising warehouse operations, freight handling and efficient use of fixed resources.
- Good attention to detail
- Good organisational skills
- Good communicator confident in written & spoken communication. Able to relate to all different types of people professionally & effectively.
- Able to take responsibility for issues and problem solving.
- Ability to think on feet and stay calm under pressure.
- IT literate – MS Office specifically Outlook, Word & Excel
- Counterbalance FLT licence
- Network logistics experience would be desirable.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Warehouse Team Leader, then please click ‘Apply’ today!
No agencies please.