COLD STORE TEAM LEADER
Working Nights 4 on 4 off shift pattern
The Cold Store Team Leader is responsible for ensuring all cold store activity is up to date by supervising the team, assigning work and ensuring the team conduct all stock movements in a safe, timely and accurate way.
- NIGHTS12 hours shifts ‘4 on 4 off’ within a 8 week cycle 19:00-07:00
- Inclusive annual pay £22,776 per annum (equivalent to £10.40 per hour)
- Pay includes basic pay and night shift allowance
- Authorised overtime is required occasionally to cover holidays and is paid at x1.5 basic pay
- Paid rest breaks
- 20 holidays per year including Bank Holidays (equivalent to 28 days’ annual leave).
- Weekends/Bank Holidays which fall on your scheduled ‘4 on’ shift are normal working days unless holiday is authorised in advance
- Fully funded MHE training available for FLT certificates.
- Immediate start available
- Contributory pension scheme
- Healthcare cash back scheme
- Must have experience of working in a fast moving chilled/frozen warehousing environment.
- Previous experience of team management would be advantageous
- Should be both experienced in and qualified for driving Material Handling Equipment including;
- Reach, Counter Balance and/or PPT
- Must be proficient in the use of RF Handheld Scanner
- A valid First Aid certificate would be advantageous but is not essential
- Should be flexible and willing to help out colleagues as requested to meet the needs of the business
- Work alongside fellow Team Leaders and the Shift Manager to ensure work is correctly assigned, managed and fulfilled
- Manage Warehouse Management System – Receipt – Despatch – Scheduler
- Ensure all Operatives carry out their duties in such a way as to protect the integrity of products and data within the care of the Company
- Ensure the site as a whole is up to date with current workload. Ensure team are aware of daily targets and KPIs. Work to ensure daily targets are achieved
- Ensure damages and none conformances are documented and reported
- Ensure MHEpre shift checks are completed
- Must conduct effective shift handovers with fellow Team Leader
- Ensure the site works as a team to provide the best service to our customers
- Accompany Shift Manager in any disciplinary procedures and take notes as necessary. Assist in disciplinary investigations. Assist in holiday and absence controls
- Cover Operatives roles as required
- Ensure all Operative’s tasks are correctly documented by paperwork or using RF scanner.
- Ensure any work completed that would attract extra charges is noted and informed to the office team.
- To be responsible for driving MHE in a safe and courteous manner. To monitor and report wear and tear to vehicles as well as to help prevent and report damages
- To adhere to all Company policies, procedure and training and ensure adherence to all health and safety and hygiene rules
Does this sound like the role you’ve been searching for? Do you have these skills?
If you want to join The Ice Co family as a Team Leader - please click Apply
Please include your CV and a cover letter explaining your relevant experience.
Individuals selected for interview will be contacted by telephone, so please include your daytime telephone number.
The Ice Co strive to respond to all online applicants, however we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, unfortunately on this occasion your application has not been successful.