Hannah Food Service are a family run business who have been serving the food service sector for over 30 years.
Available immediately is an exciting opportunity to join our team in the warehouse department as a Warehouse Operative in our rapidly growing business.
We are looking for a candidate who is able to demonstrate the ability to conduct warehouse related tasks to the standards expected from Hannah Food Services. Maintain performance within all economical, Health, Safety and Welfare guidelines.
Hours of Work
The hours of work will be 37.5 hours per week, Sunday to Thursday, from 10:00pm to 6:00am.
The successful candidate will need to be prepared to be flexible to provide cover when the needs of the business dictates.
We are looking for an energetic and positive individual with great attention to detail. The successful candidate will:
• Be helpful and self-motivated, able to work as a team and individual
• Be proactive in achieving business growth
• Have good verbal, written communications, good standard of literacy and numeracy skills.
• Have a positive and proactive attitude towards related health and safety and safe systems of work.
• Ideally be knowledgeable and experienced in the daily operations of a warehouse
• Ideally be able to work flexibly in line with the needs of the business
• Be fit and capable of manually handballing as well as pallet loading/unloading.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Checking trucks are not damaged before use and report any defects to line manager/supervisor
• Collect pick ticket from office and start picking
• Check orders and wrap orders when complete
• Check that all orders are labelled correctly, i.e. name, customer and how many pallets ETC 1-3,2-3,3-3
• Load vehicles and assist our drivers when needed
• Help goods in team when needed
• To make sure cleaning policy is being adhered to
• To follow company health and safety procedures
• Ensure that a harmonious working environment is maintained on all occasions
• To ensure that you clock in and out as requested by management.
• Carry out any reasonable warehouse tasks asked by the management
• Maintain all Health, Safety and Welfare standards within the site, ensuring that performance is in a manner that provides safety for both themselves and their work colleagues.
• Assist and conduct periodic stock takes in accordance with the needs of the business.
• Ensure that all mechanical handling equipment is driven to the standards compliant with the RTITB training provided by the company if required
• Ensure that all building equipment is operated to the standards compliant with the company training documents and site induction programme
• Continually respect and maintain company property to the highest standards, with all stock handled in a professional and competent manner.
• Ensure damaged items kept to a minimum level and stock accuracy maintained on all occasions
• Personal protective equipment worn and utilised on all occasions.
• Comply with the performance standards set by management within the site and the respective performance indicators, seeking advice when necessary.
• Ensure a consistent standard of all housekeeping is maintained for both the warehouse and site perimeter, reporting all concerns to supervision.
• Maintain regular inspections on all equipment and buildings, ensuring all defects are reported and rectified accordingly.
• Attend regular briefings and meetings with the team, to provide information and seek feedback and viewpoints.
• Continually seek, recommend and implement any improvements to all operational processes and controls in conjunction with site management.
This role requires all candidates to hold a Reach Truck licence, candidates will also benefit from holding warehouse related qualifications such as those associated with warehouse vehicles/machinery and health and safety.
It is desirable, but not necessary, that the applicant holds a PPT Licence and related health and safety qualification.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment Drug Test.
Hannah Foods operates a zero tolerance Drink and Drugs Policy
Your application status and all correspondence will be made via email. Please check your email account regularly.
Only applicants who demonstrate they meet ‘the person’ specification and ‘qualifications’ will be shortlisted. If you have not received an email inviting you for interview within 14 days of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We reserve the right to close this job advert as soon as sufficient applications have been received. Please apply for this job as soon as you can, if interested.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE