Hannah Food Service are a family run business who have been serving the food service sector for over 30 years.
Available immediately is an exciting opportunity to join our team in the warehouse department as a Warehouse Operative in our rapidly growing business.
We are looking for a candidate who is able to demonstrate the ability to conduct warehouse related tasks to the standards expected from Hannah Food Services. Maintain performance within all economical, Health, Safety and Welfare guidelines.
Hours of Work
The hours of work will be Monday to Wednesday 2:00pm to 10:00pm, Thursday 1:00pm to 9:00pm and Saturday 6:00am to 2:00pm. The successful candidate will need to be prepared to be flexible to provide cover when the needs of the business dictates.
We are looking for an energetic and positive individual with great attention to detail. The successful candidate will:
- Be helpful and self-motivated, able to work in a team and as an individual
- Be proactive in achieving business growth
- Have good verbal, written communications, good standard of literacy and numeracy skills.
- Have a positive and proactive attitude towards related health and safety and safe systems of work.
- Ideally be knowledgeable and experienced in the daily operations of a warehouse
- Ideally can work flexibly in line with the needs of the business
- Be fit and capable of manually handballing as well as pallet loading/unloading.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Picking orders, checking orders and loading orders
- General housekeeping duties when required
- Possibility of working within ambient, chilled and frozen environments
- Strong can-do attitude
- Required to have excellent communication skills
- Be confident working in a faced paced environment
- Long term opportunities for the right candidates
- Previous experience in a similar environment
- Good attendance, punctuality and reliability is a must
- Travel subsistence negotiable
Whilst the position does not strictly require related qualifications, candidates will benefit from holding Reach Truck Licence, Warehouse related qualifications such as those associated with Warehouse vehicles / machinery and Health and Safety.
It is desirable, but not necessary, that the applicant holds a PPT Licence or Reach Truck and related Health and Safety qualification.
All applicants will be subject to a Pre-Employment Drug Test.
Hannah Foods operate a Zero Tolerance Drink and Drugs Policy
Your application status and all correspondence will be made via email. Please check your email account regularly.
Only applicants who demonstrate they meet ‘the person’ specification and ‘qualifications’ will be shortlisted. If you have not received an email inviting you for interview within 14 days of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We reserve the right to close this job advert as soon as sufficient applications have been received. Please apply for this job as soon as you can, if interested.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE