The Warehouse Operative/Forklift Driver is responsible for the receipt and dispatch of product through the temperature-controlled warehouse, ensuring incoming products are correctly stored and located and outgoing product is correctly identified, picked and loaded. This role is also responsible for manually lifting and moving cases, boxes and individual items of chilled and frozen products from/to pallets and containers in readiness for blast freezing, cold storage or loading for delivery.
You must be experienced in warehousing and ideally you should be qualified to drive material handling trucks such as Counterbalance, Reach, Fork Lift, Very Narrow Aisle, or Flexi. Refresher or conversion training is provided free of charge if required.
This work can be strenuous and regularly involves heavy lifting, so applicants must be in good physical condition with no back or mobility problems. The product to be lifted may weigh up to 25kg.
The role is based at our largest site in South Kirkby, West Yorkshire. This site is close to the A1 from Junction 38 or Barnsdale Bar A639 and is within commutable distance of Leeds, Doncaster, Pontefract and Wakefield.
PAY RATES & SHIFTS AVAILABLE
Various shift patterns are worked on this site. Rates of pay start from £8.16 (age 18 and over) and pay is dependent on shift pattern worked. Qualified VNA Bendi Drivers are paid a further £30 a week.
- 4 ON 4 OFF DAYS 12-hour shifts – 06:00-18:00 Inclusive pay equal to £8.48 per hour
- 4 ON 4 OFF NIGHTS 12-hour shifts – 18:00-06:00 inclusive pay equal to £9.70 per hour
- DAYS 5 x 8-hour shifts - 08:00-16:00 inclusive pay equal to £8.16 per hour
- NIGHTS 5 x 10-hour shifts – 20:00-06:00 inclusive pay equal to £9.38 per hour
- Permanent contracts available
- Immediate Start available
- Authorised overtime is required occasionally and is paid at x1.5 basic pay
- Paid rest breaks
- Conversion or refresher training is free and available for FLT certificates
- Personal Protective Equipment provided
- Paid induction
- Contributory pension scheme
- Healthcare cash back scheme
- Free parking and free refreshments
- Equivalent of 5.6 weeks statutory holiday leave. Holiday pay calculated using 12 month’s average earnings. Weekends/Bank Holidays which fall on your scheduled working days are normal working days unless holiday is authorised in advance.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
You will be working as part of a close team within a fast paced frozen food supply chain environment, storing and distributing goods for some of the UKs most recognised frozen food brands and manufacturers. The company is a family owned and operated £Multi-Million temperature controlled storage and logistics business. The team is proud to offer a complete frozen supply chain solution for customers and has a hands on approach to the seasonality of the food supply chain. Following continued growth the business has recently invested over £2million to increase its storage capacity with a substantial 5 year investment plan in place for a sustainable future.
APPLYING FOR THE ROLE
Please apply now and include your CV which explains your relevant experience. Individuals selected for interview will be contacted by telephone, so please include your daytime telephone number.
The Ice Co strive to respond to all online applicants, however we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, unfortunately on this occasion your application has not been successful.
For more information about the application process please go to https://www.theiceco.co.uk/jobs/
rate dependant on shift pattern