Platinum International Ltd is the UK’s largest distributor of Automotive Batteries and Lubricants operating from 11 Depots within Europe and currently selling in excess of 1.6 million batteries per year. Our customers vary from Blue Chip organisations, National Fast Fit chains to Motor Factors.
Based in our Bristol Depot, located within Patchway Ind Est, Filton, BS34 6FD, we are looking to recruit a Full Time and Permanent Warehouse Operative to join our team. Working 40hrs per week (8hrs daily) in shifts from Monday to Friday only, typical working hours will range in shifts between a 09:00 start to a 18:00 finish, so flexibility is essential. Experience of pick/pack and distribution business models and understanding of multi-drop delivery driving experience will be of a major advantage.
Primary purpose of role:
The purpose of a Warehouse Operative is to pick, pack and distribute goods to our customer and depot network, assist management to maintain and deliver automotive/lubricant products to a Platinum standard. This is achieved by the site using the Company’s systems and processes to ensure that stock is correctly received, located, maintained, picked and delivered to our customers correctly.
Reporting to: Support Centre Management
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that operations are completed in a proactive manner, in adherence to Health and Safety laws, legal duties of care and efficiency parameters;
- Work in a smart manner to maximum productivity;
- Ensure the product is picked, maintained, stored and delivered to customers in excellent condition;
- Develop knowledge, skills and training in all aspects of responsibility;
- Develop ideas in an innovative manner, liaising with other company functions to drive business forward;
- Communicate with peers/fellow workmates on a daily basis;
- Inspect premises by foot, to ensure all Health and Safety is being adhered to and the premises are tidy;
- Inspect equipment on a daily basis for serviceability, report any issues;
- Ensure the order process system is continued during the order cycle, in a timely manner and orders are accurately and consistently picked;
- Move pallets within warehouse and load / unload company and 3rd party vehicles;
- Tidy the warehouse and ensure good standards of housekeeping;
- Carry out filling operations of dry batteries, when required;
- Carry out refreshing (battery charging) operations, when required;
- Load / Unload scrap batteries from vehicles, sort and store scrap batteries ready for returning to a smelter;
- Carry out Labelling and de-labelling operations, when required;
- To ensure that Platinum targets are achieved in all things;
- Ensure that all stock inventories are accurate and that stock results are in line with Company targets;
- To receive, maintain (refresh) and pick stock in an accurate and efficient manner;
- Assist with developing ideas in an innovative manner, liaising with other Company functions, to drive business forward;
- Assist with inspection of premises and equipment, to ensure all Health and Safety is being adhered to, personal protective equipment (PPE) is in full usage;
- To ensure that all Warranty processes are followed and completed within set timescales;
- To ensure that all scrap is pro-actively collected on each visit to every customer;
- Any other activity as determined by line Manager.
To be successful with Platinum:
- Hard-working, conscientious and passionate about contributing towards the smooth and professional delivery of our products to customers
- Excellent attention to detail and takes pride in the standards and quality of your work.
- Happy, helpful and smiley in character and possess a ‘Can do approach’ to both your work and personal life, to aid you in providing a consummate level of service to our customers.
- Salary - £19,500 per annum (depending on experience)
- Full bespoke training
- The opportunity to join a continually expanding Company
At Platinum we pride ourselves in being a Company which seeks to attract and retain the best talent, as we recognise the difference that people can bring to our business. We have an entrepreneurial and innovative culture that has seen us grow rapidly and thus provide our colleagues with opportunities to progress and develop a long-term career as we continue to grow and expand. Platinum seeks to create an environment where our customers, suppliers and employees can grow and prosper through an ethos of continual improvement and positive ethical relationships.
Please apply with an up-to-date CV and an accompanying covering letter - All applications must be accompanied by a covering letter which includes examples of great customer service that they have provided and / or examples of how they are caring and helpful individual (no agencies).
Please note, due to the number of applicants we receive we will only respond to candidates whom we wish to call to interview.