At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire talented people who thrive on solving hard problems and we give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it’s our authentic, humble, gritty people who create The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
Our Warehouse Specialist is a meaningful role in our data centers and they are responsible for maintaining materials and stock, as well as communicating with customers, partners, and cross functionally to resolve issues. All Warehouse Specialists play a significant role in our success. We now have a brilliant opportunity to join our fast-paced Logistics Department in one of our data centers based in Slough. If you are of a pro active nature, work well by your own initiative as well as in a team and have a flair for delivering great customer service then you might be the person for us.
Do you think you have the experience we are looking for and want to join a high performing team? Then read on to learn more of what this role has to offer.
On a day to day basis you can expect the following
- Handling documentation and lead system updates
- Update and close shipment orders in a timely fashion
- Handle receiving, distributing, and tracking daily shipments and tracking duration of how long materials are in storage
- Maintain accurate records of materials received and shipped; rejecting unsatisfactory items where necessary and notifying appropriate partners
- Work with customers and other departments to raise and resolve shipping and receiving issues
- Handle stored and/or abandoned equipment and ensure to remove and/or dispose of all packing material from the data center
- You have a deep understanding of all safety requirements
- You are physically capable to lift heavy items
How to be successful in this role
- You will have excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- You will have exceptional organisational and customer service focussed skills
- You will be an excellent teammate with a proactive nature; you like to work independently, but also enjoy being a member of a team
- You will be of a responsible nature to ensure you adhere to policy and procedures
- You handle shifting priorities and workflow with enthusiasm, all while still meeting critical deadlines
- You will have a phenomenal attention to detail
- You have previous experience in a similar role in a dynamic environment
- You have experience with handling inventory and you are comfortable with maintaining appropriate consumable stock levels (e.g. cable connectors, ordering materials at specified minimums)
- You know your way around computers and are comfortable learning and using different systems
The opportunity to leave your mark in a company that is growing quickly and still manages to keep a pioneer spirit. We offer a competitive salary and a superb opportunity to build and expand your experience in an internal and international environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please take a look at our "TheMagicofEquinix" video where we have asked some of our Equinix EMEA employees why they chose Equinix as their employer of choice. The Magic of Equinix lives in our employees and brings people from all over the world together making Equinix an awesome place to work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIUL_ggfWCs&t=137s
Please click apply!