Job Title: Warehouse & Distribution Supervisor
Location: Quedgeley, Gloucester
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start date: January 2020
ADEY is an award-winning UK manufacturer and one of the fastest growing brands in the central heating industry. Our success is built on innovation and quality products. We are now looking to hire a Warehouse & Distribution Supervisor to join the team.
As Europe's largest water treatment manufacturer, it is our mission to work towards a future where every heating and cooling system is protected and maintained thus eliminating the headache of system breakdowns for everyone. Our best practice approach is being adopted by installers and heating engineers around the world. At the forefront of pioneering technology, we provide innovative products and chemical solutions for all types of commercial and domestic buildings in the UK, France, and the DACH region, Norway, North America, Canada and China. Growing UK and international markets is part of our growth strategy.
ADEY's leading approach to system maintenance best practice is supported by a comprehensive range of magnetic filters and water treatment premium chemicals, UKAS accredited laboratory and water testing services. Our best-selling range of MagnaClean filters have been installed in more than four million UK homes alone to date. This is further supported by our own range of premium quality chemicals.
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, the successful candidate will have the satisfaction of joining an ambitious and high growth International Company.
Purpose of the Role:
To supervise departmental staff and effectively organise, control and administer the receipt of all goods entering the facility through to the safe storage and distribution of customer orders, operating through a barcoded warehouse management system whilst working within the company, quality and health and safety standards.
- Ensure customer order checks are carried out on all orders
- Effectively manage priorities
- Support the supply of raw materials to the production area
- Make recommendations to improve all aspects of the department
- Support the construction and maintenance of the standard operating procedures
- Support the arrangements of collections / deliveries with transport companies for both UK & international
- Recruitment, training, development & motivation of warehouse staff
- Assist in the planning of all warehouse & distribution activities
- Co-ordinate the effective dispatch of customer orders to required dates
- Liaise with all other departments to ensure the smooth running of the department
- Monitor, measure, and provide KPI information for the department
- Work within the company ISO Quality Management System and Standards
- Ensure the maintenance of facilities and equipment are supported and any issues reported
- Setting, monitoring and achieving performance goals of department
- Ensure the companies Health & Safety Standards and policies are adhered too
- Support the stock take activity on an annual basis
- Maintain housekeeping standards
- Monitor timekeeping and attendance of staff
- Control CHEP pallet recycle system and ensure booking details are adhered too
The Successful Candidate will:
- Have experience of supervising / managing warehouse staff
- Have a good working knowledge of barcoded warehouse / stock control systems
- Have a working knowledge of Office 365
- Possess excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Lead by example
- Be methodical in both planning & organising
- Display enthusiasm and commitment
- Be able to work effectively as part of a team
The following would be beneficial but is not essential:
- Experience of high volume manufacturing
- A supervisory management qualification
- A first aid qualification
- A fork lift license (RTIBT approved counter balance / articulated)
As well as a competitive salary, the successful candidate will also benefit from a range of excellent benefits which includes:
- A generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare cover
- Life assurance
- On-site parking
- Employee discounts
In addition, the successful candidate will have the satisfaction of joining an ambitious and high growth International Company, offering great scope for career progression and a commitment to your ongoing training and development.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Please note: This vacancy may close early if we receive a particularly high volume of applications. If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, do not delay.
Please note that due to the large volume of applications, it's not always is possible to reply personally, with a detailed response on every occasion. Therefore, if you have not heard something within 14 days of submitting your application, please assume that it has not been successful at this time.
No terminology within this advert is intended to unlawfully discriminate on the grounds of age, sex, race or disability and we welcome all applications.
No agencies please.
Candidates with experience of: Senior Warehouse Operative, Warehouse Supervisor, Goods Inwards Warehouse Manager, Warehouse Assistant Manager, Warehouse Coordinator, Senior Process Operative, Processing, Senior Line Operative, Servicing Operative, Forklift Licence, Driver, Warehouse Driver, FLT Driver, Warehouse Components, Senior Distribution Assistant, Logistics Co-ordinator, Logistics Operative, Distribution Team Leader may also be considered for this role.