Would you like a job where you can be a superhero without putting on a cape?
Do you have a passion for helping others and want to make a difference?
Bring your qualities and we will provide the training!
Location: Taunton, Somerset, TA2
Hours: 24 per week with the opportunities for overtime.
Salary: £9.83 per hour.
Achieve together are currently looking for a Waking Night Support Worker to join our team.
Please click on the above link to find more details about this service or, if you're viewing this via a job board, click Apply to find out all about us.
- Enhancing and enriching quality of life for the people we support by enabling them to keep moving towards agreed goals and life skills. This will involve supporting those individuals to plan and engage in activities in line with their individualised activity planner, which could include holidays, social events, religious and sporting activities, education and employment.
- Maintain the general health, wellbeing and emotional needs of the people we support. This includes but is not limited to, ensuring a high standard of personal care which could include intimate care, attending health appointments, administering medication in line with policies and responding appropriately to any medical or health concerns.
- To ensure the safety of the people we support and the security of the premises.
- You will need to remain awake whilst on shift and will need to maintain a high standard of housekeeping. Waking night staff are required to undertake a variety of domestic work, cleaning.
We are not an agency - you will be working for Achieve together as part of our amazing team, and will benefit from our in-house learning and development opportunities right throughout your career. You'll work at one service, not driving from client to client, so you'll form a close bond with the people you support and your colleagues (and be paid for your entire day's work).
What we offer in return
- Competitive salary.
- Double time on public holidays.
- The option to increase your earnings with overtime.
- Fully paid training and DBS check.
- A pension scheme.
- Online discount scheme.
- Excellent opportunities for career progression.
About Achieve together
We are a leading provider of care and support for people with learning disabilities and associated complex needs, including autistic spectrum conditions, dementia, hearing impairment, mental health needs, challenging behaviour, profound and multiple learning disabilities and epilepsy.
The people we support live in homely, family-like residences, and are encouraged to participate fully in the local community.
Achieve together is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the people we support and expect all staff to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Does this sound like something you could do? Apply now!
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Events
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Schedules
- Merchandise Discounts