AllianceBernstein (AB) is a leading global investment-management firm that offers high-quality research and diversified investment services to institutional investors, financial intermediaries and private-wealth clients in major global markets. Our client base includes some of the world’s leading institutions as well as private-wealth clients and retail investors. We maintain research, portfolio-management, wealth-management and client-service offices around the world, reflecting our global capabilities and the needs of our clients. Partnering closely with clients, our research and portfolio management teams collaborate across asset classes, regions, sectors, and investment strategies to spark new thinking and deliver superior outcomes. We foster an inclusive environment that offers opportunities for team members to continually learn, develop their skills and take on new challenges to progress in their careers.
Client Group Overview
The Client Group has a presence in the Americas, Europe, Asia and Australia, and is composed of five main areas:
- Sales & Client Services works with financial intermediaries and institutions to offer diversified investment solutions that help clients build and preserve their wealth
- Business Development is a conduit to the firm’s investment teams and supports our clients and internal business partners through investment-platform and product content, messaging, competitive analysis and education
- Product Strategy & Development designs, develops and manages the firm’s global lineup of investment services and considers clients’ evolving needs to identify new opportunities
- Marketing promotes the firm and its services by creating, packaging and distributing content and messaging to engage diverse audiences through digital platforms and initiatives, strategic campaigns, and events
- Business Transformation looks to evolve and scale our business, leveraging digital and data, to drive top-line growth and improve profitability
AllianceBernstein is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or citizenship status.
The Product Manager partners with both investments and distribution to promote and drive the growth of the business for AB. The Product Manager serves as product champion for specific Multi-Asset products (with a focus on retail, outcome-oriented strategies), as well as focuses on various channels and/or regions to ensure advisor support, product advocacy and competitive insight.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Report to the Global Head of Multi-Asset Product Management, primarily interacting with the product team, senior investment professionals and the global sales force
- Focus on the positioning, marketing, and servicing for the multi-asset retail platform, which includes a suite of outcome-oriented and thematic strategies such as income and emerging markets.
- Grow the global multi-asset retail business in EMEA, LatAm and Asia, with frequent and direct interaction with the Head of Asia Multi-Asset Business Development
- Serve as first point of contact for EMEA, LatAm & Asia Sales (Institutional Associates / Advisors, etc.) for the specific products, as assigned, but with a broad base of multi-asset strategy related knowledge.
- Partner with Investment Management to create and update a strong, consistent suite of core product marketing and client-service materials, in collaboration with marketing colleagues. In addition, seeks broad feedback from investment management and distribution to identify areas for improvement.
- Continually create new sales ideas/ways to advocate product (e.g. Blog posts, thought leadership ideas)
- Over time, become a spokesperson for assigned investment team with the ability to present a deep understanding of the investment process, market outlook, and strong advocate for the services (e.g. Portfolio Specialist)
- Understand overall region/channel strategies to communicate priorities to broader team and members of investment management
- Collaborate with the Global Product Management Team to define focus areas, business development initiatives, areas for training, and develop target lists, Consultant Relations and/or home-office strategies for select strategies.
- Support Learning & Development for regional training initiatives
- Collaborate with Portfolio Managers to create/improve RFP language, assist on/review RFPs, and answer advisor/relationship manager questions on specific sales opportunities
- Partner with Product Development on new products (or enhancement of existing products) for various regions/channels
- Identify areas for thought leadership that connect with their product responsibilities
- In addition, the Product Manager is responsible for the oversight and quality control of their respective platform:
- Review and update prospecting decks, fact sheets and product overviews for all products on platform
- Update internal sources (e.g. Salesforce, the Loop, etc.); works with data team to ensure accuracy of database information
- Partner with RFP team to ensure a consistent implementation of strategy positioning and language
- Review and update RFP language, accounts in performance composites, etc.
Job Qualifications & Key Attributes
The ideal candidate should have:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the investment-management industry (or related investment experience), with direct Product Management / Product Specialist experience
- Broad investment-management, financial-market knowledge, and sales process knowledge
- Intellectually curious about the capital markets, and finding creative ways to connect with our clients & prospects globally
- Ability to work independently and effectively under pressure while multitasking, adhering to tight deadlines and maintaining strategic relationships with internal partners
- Ability to influence decisions leveraging strategic insights based on experience/knowledge of equities and global distribution
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- An understanding of the global retail marketplace: understanding client needs, market trends and the competitive landscape
- Strong marketing and messaging skills, with the vision to create and maintain a compelling story for the firm’s multi-asset business and individual products
- A team player with highly developed interpersonal skills, including collaboration, negotiation and influence
- A desire to interact directly with both internal and external clients and to influence their product knowledge and support our sales efforts.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills