This senior leader's primary responsibility is to lead the sales team to expand the company’s addressable market, increase usage and product adoption, achieve aggressive growth objectives, and sustain the company’s leading position as a supplier of software and services to its targeted industry. The Leader must ensure that the company meets and exceeds its enterprise revenue, profitability and budgetary objectives by leveraging strategic planning, people management, enterprise sales, and customer relationship skills. To accomplish these objectives, the new leader will lead a continued transformation of the sales organization from a product focus to a truly consultative, solution-selling mindset and capability that increases the Company’s ability to drive value for its customers.
- Drive growth with urgency and meet/exceed assigned regional sales targets.
- Partner with field team to develop and implement regional sales and go-to-market strategies that expand the company’s total addressable market, generate increased usage and product adoption, achieve aggressive objectives in growth in license annual spend, and meet or exceed annual budgetary objectives.
- Build a strong and highly motivated leadership team that can execute on a unified customer engagement model focused on establishing sustainable C-suite relationships.
- Lead internal/external company sales functions and manage and monitor key sales pipeline and performance indicators to ensure achievement of financial goals.
- Lead complex sales negotiations and attend sales presentations to close key deals.
- Hire, develop, coach and mentor a world-class sales team. Foster a positive, hard-working and results-oriented culture by leading by example.
- Travel required approximately 60% of the time.
- Extensive experience in direct professional sales including C-level clients
- Experience of successful sales management including management of multiple Account Managers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technical subject is required
- Preference given for sales experience with technical or enterprise software in the process industries
- Demonstrated record of sales strategy development and successful implementation
- Knowledge of relevant industries, business operations, and industry sector leaders