'Help us to help others'
Salvation Army Trading Company Ltd (SATCoL) is the trading arm of The Salvation Army in the UK and Republic of Ireland. We were established in 1991 to help fund The Salvation Army’s vital work with vulnerable people in the UK, and today we raise money and encourage reuse and recycling through a network of over 230 charity shops, 2 Superstores, 8Donation Centres and a rapidly expanding clothing collection division, all of which is constantly growing and developing.
With the support of the British public, we have been able to donate millions of pounds to The Salvation Army – over £43 million has been donated in the last five years alone, helping to fund the extensive and very important work that The Salvation Army carries out– including homelessness and addiction services, care for older people, help at emergency incidents, support for adult victims of human trafficking in England and Wales and a Family Tracing Service.
If you want to be a part of our success and to play a part in helping others whilst volunteering for a fantastic company, then we have a role that suits you.
The Volunteer role:
- To assist our drivers with rotating stock between our charity shops, ensuring we can maximise our sales
- To assist driver/manager or sales assistant with loading and off loading of stock
- To follow the companies Health & Safety procedures
Skills and competencies:
- Able to work within a shop team and within agreed shop guidelines
- Ability to work independently, although guidance will be provided from the Shop Manager
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good customer service skills
- Able to listen well and take instruction
- Interest in and sympathy with the aims and objectives of The Salvation Army
What this role can offer the volunteer:
- Training and experience of working within a retail environment
- The opportunity of developing new skills and the chance to utilise existing skills
- The opportunity to be part of a shop team and to make new friends
This role is an unpaid role but reasonable travel expenses will be paid in line with the volunteer expense policy, 25% discount on all purchases and a fantastic employee benefits platform giving 1000's of discounts on everyday items, a Wellbeing platform and 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme.
The time commitment for this role is flexible and will be agreed in advance with the charity Shop Manager,but if you have any available hours to spare then please apply now as we would love to talk to you.