V-Nova, a London based IP and software company, is dedicated to improving data compression by building a vast portfolio of innovative technologies based on the game-changing use of AI and parallel processing for data, video, imaging, and point cloud compression, with applications across several verticals. This is achieved through deep-science R&D (300+ international patents) and the development of products that test, prove and continuously enhance the technology portfolio.
V-Nova has contributed part of its IP to drive standardization of two codec formats, MPEG-5 Part 2 (LCEVC), a low-complexity enhancement video codec, and SMPTE VC-6 (ST-2117), a high-performance AI-based video and imaging codec. V-Nova has developed multiple award-winning software products to kickstart the ecosystems for its technologies and allow their immediate deployment, addressing use cases in TV, media, entertainment, social networks, eCommerce, ad-tech, security, aerospace, defence, automotive and gaming.
We’re committed to the extraordinary and rely on the talent of our high-performing diverse teams to provide innovative solutions and deliver what we promise. We’ve worked hard to create a company where talented, passionate people can thrive in a culture that values individual empowerment and excellence and achieves through teamwork. We’re constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals who thrive off solving challenging problems and want to make an impact. With groundbreaking technology, a fast-paced collaborative environment and major growth plans, there’s never been a more exciting time to join us.
V-Nova is changing the way we compress data
V-Nova’s multiple award-winning PERSEUS™ technology is the only cross-media codec format that delivers on the promises of next-generation image and video compression, today.
But we don’t stop at what we have. At V-Nova we continuously invest in research and development and have world-class people and facilities who work towards innovating our technology.
Unique people for a unique technology
You love technology. You love investigating new ideas, but also love making sure that existing ideas are perfected and work in the best possible way.
You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty with continuously improving algorithms, and you love solving problems whenever you see them. You have a super inquisitive mind and want to make a difference with your work.
You love exchanging ideas, working in teams and challenging assumptions. You have genuine interest to independently and rapidly learn new subjects. You have energy, enthusiasm and a good dose of creativity to see things that others don’t.
As a video research engineer you would be expected to primarily:
- continuously develop and improve V-Nova’s existing compression algorithms and codebases (mainly written in C++);
- contribute to create new tools and strategies for efficiently processing and compressing images and videos; and
- collaborate with and support the productization teams to ensure that the developed algorithms and codebases are implementable in line with V-Nova’s product strategy.
You will have:
- at least 1-3 years of experience in researching and developing algorithms in video processing and compression, gained through university research and/or industry roles;
- proven ability to work in teams and/or in agile cross-functional environments;
- proven record in delivering complex projects and tasks on time;
- a good degree in either Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related discipline;
- understanding of existing coding standards such as AVC, HEVC, VP9, AV1 or equivalent; and
- proficiency in C++ and preferable also in other programming languages.
Preferably you will also have:
- experience of pair programming with other programmers and/or QA resources;
- exposure to some testing frameworks (e.g., Google Test Framework, CPPUnit) and understanding of CI/CD pipelines and their practical applications in a development environment.