We have an exciting opportunity for a Vice Principal to lead and develop our new Haywards Heath campus, which opens in September 2020. The College will deliver a range of A Levels, Advanced General courses and apprenticeships at our fantastic site, close to the town centre. The role is a full time, permanent position offering a competitive salary of circa £65,000 per annum as well as fantastic benefits. We are looking for the successful Vice Principal to join us in April 2020 and will soon be interviewing for this exciting post.
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 4 Colleges: one at Chichester, one at Crawley, one at Worthing and one at Brinsbury near Pulborough, which is land-based. Through our Colleges we educate and train around 25,000 full and part time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions' employers.
In return for joining us as our Vice Principal, we will offer you:
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave package
- Discounted private medical care
- Subsidised local gym membership
- Other high street discounts plus more
Key responsibilities of our Vice Principal:
- Lead the development and provision of curriculum and other systems.
- Be part of the Senior Management Team and contribute to setting and delivering the whole College strategy.
- Be an ambassador for the College, when required, in a variety of locations and settings, as part of the Senior Management Team.
- Line manage and ensure the performance management of a number of Heads of Learning and other elected staff within the College structure.
- Ensure that appropriate quality standards are set, reviewed and monitored and that appropriate action is taken to ensure compliance with them.
- Ensure the provision of effective information, assessment and guidance systems to assist students, parents and sponsors to gain maximum benefit from the College's curriculum offer and other services, and to support the College's approach to widening participation.
- Ensure that all staff involved in the assessment and guidance of students, and the delivery of teaching & learning, are responsive to individual learner needs to promote the greatest degree of match or fit between the individual learners' requirements and the provision which is made for them, in line with the concept of inclusive learning.
- Ensure the development of the curriculum offer, implementing new teaching and learning strategies where appropriate and responding to new initiatives.
- Ensure that all staff involved in the teaching and learning process focus upon the need for continuous improvement in standards of teaching and learning and in levels of retention and achievement and to foster the culture of continuous improvement to achieve outstanding success.
- Ensure that proper control is exercised within the College over finances and the resources available to it.
- Promote high levels of professionalism among all staff in line with the values established in the Mission Statement and to ensure that they are developed effectively in support of the College’s needs.
Our ideal Vice Principal should have the below skills and experience:
- Degree level, NVQ level 4 or equivalent
- Teacher qualified i.e. Cert Ed or PGCE equivalent
- Collaborative working with external bodies
- Significant experience at manager level within an FE College
- Performance management and achieving significant and sustained improvements
- Detailed knowledge of current issues in Further Education
- Understanding of enterprise and associated skills with a vision for embedding enterprise in all aspects of curriculum
- Student support systems and successful implementation to create outstanding results
If you would like to learn more about our Vice Principal role then please click ‘Apply’ today!
Closing date: Monday 2nd December 2019
Interview date: Wednesday 18th December 2019
Interviews for this role will take place at our Worthing Campus.
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.