We are looking for an experienced Treasury Executive to join the Mimecast team as Vice President and Assistant Treasurer. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, you will lead Mimecast’s treasury team with the overall responsibility of building a strategic treasury function within a fast paced and growing company.
Specific responsibilities will include ensuring global liquidity and financial stability; developing and maintaining policies and procedures related to treasury activities; advising and making recommendations with respect to the company’s capital structure; and building a program to manage the company’s foreign exchange risks. Areas of focus will also include working capital management, short and long-term cash investing, and insurable risk management. The VP & Assistant Treasurer will manage key external relationships including all banking and insurance relationships, amongst others.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, strategic thinker, great communicator, and must be highly collaborative. A good sense of humor, a desire to build one’s career, and a ‘hands-on’ approach will be key differentiators.
- Analyze and recommend optimal capital structure alternatives for the company, including evaluating the company’s current borrowing capacity and developing strategies for optimal use of debt to finance future growth.
- Build a program to manage the company’s foreign exchange risks including analyzing exposures and recommending appropriate strategies (including hedging) to manage that risk.
- Oversee the company’s investment strategy, reviewing and updating the company’s investment policy and overseeing management of the company’s investments.
- Negotiate and execute financing transactions as needed, including bank facilities and debt financing.
- Oversee daily cash management to ensure we optimize investment balances while ensuring efficient settlement of intercompany balances, debt, and covenant management.
- Maintain oversight over Mimecast’s global risk management strategies and policies which include foreign exchange risk, interest rate risk, credit risk, counterparty risk and refinancing risk.
- Ensure that all material insurable risks are understood and make recommendations to mitigate that risk through insurance or loss prevention strategies.
- Manage treasury reporting to track KPIs and partner with FP&A to oversee the cash forecasting process.
- Build a treasury function with scale in mind to ensure automation and efficiency in the treasury department’s processes and procedures.
- Provide strong financial partnership across the business and in particular to the leaders within the finance organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, with a major in Finance, Accounting or Economics preferred
- MBA in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related area preferred
- Certified Treasury Professional preferred
- 12+ years of related experience with 5 years leading and managing the treasury function within a multinational company
- Excellent verbal, written, listening, and presentation communication skills
- Strong executive presence and relationship skills
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare, dental and life coverage. Mimecast is an entrepreneurial and high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities. All Mimecasters strive on being high performers, problem solvers, and team players with passion and integrity.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.