We are seeking a VAT Supervisor to lead a team of 4 MRS VAT country specialists and filings teams, providing an efficient and highly-responsive EU VAT compliance service.
- Leading a team of 4 MRS VAT Compliance Executives, providing an efficient and highly-responsive EU VAT compliance service.
- With Compliance Director, setting and implementing the quality control, technical and processing standards for VAT registrations and returns.
- Monitoring and distributing regular filing workload across the VAT team.
- Ensuring Workflow data and reporting is fully up-to-date, and other team members and clients understand their responsibilities and timelines for ongoing compliance.
- Building new team, processes and reporting KPI’s with partners.
- Working with India filing team on developing timely filings processes and systems.
- Building trusted relations with the Country tax authorities.
- Managing client audits / authorities’ questions.
- Ongoing implementation and training on the use of VAT Reporting and other automation platforms in the VAT service.
- Providing clients and staff with technical VAT support on more complex registrations, transactions and filings.
- Working with Sales, assisting on winning new assignments.
- Support on research for Technical & QA Teams of Country compliance laws and practices.
Qualifications (absolute must haves walking in the door)
- Proven track record of Country / EU VAT compliance experience of managing teams.
- Attention to detail.
- Drive to learn more about VAT and automation
- Entrepreneurial outlook
- Potentially qualified with recognized tax or accounting body
- Pragmatic attitude; always looking for workable solutions rather than insurmountable rules stopping clients doing business in Country.
Making tax compliance less taxing
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transactional taxes, including VAT, sales and use, excise, communications, and other tax types. We deliver comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use. Avalara’s Compliance Cloud ™ platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by regional, and cross-border taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers hundreds of pre-built connectors into leading, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files hundreds of thousands of tax compliance documents and tax returns, and manages millions of exemption certificates and other compliance related documents.
A privately held company, Avalara’ s venture capital investors include Sageview Capital, Battery Ventures, Warburg Pincus, Technology Crossover Ventures, Arthur Ventures, and other institutional and individual investors. Avalara's EMEA headquarters are in Brighton, UK, with U.S. headquarters in Seattle, WA and offices across the U.S. and London, UK; Brussels, Belgium; São Paulo, Brazil; and Pune, India. More information at: www.avalara.com
Avalara Managed Returns Service
Avalara’s Managed VAT Returns Service is for companies that want to outsource the entire process of international VAT compliance. The service is designed to work with clients through the various stages of the international VAT journey.
Based in its Brighton office, Avalara’s VAT experts, natives from many of the 28 member states, help clients understand and manage their international VAT obligations. This includes a single point-of-contact service. The MRS service is provided with the backing of Avalara’s VAT Reporting software which addresses the complexities of VAT compliance, and provides efficiency, increased accuracy, and a reduction in manual compliance processes for clients.
The MRS service provides an exciting entry point into Avalara’s wider automation services.
Avalara’s EMEA base assists businesses from all over the world understand and manage their VAT compliance requirements through Avalara’s Compliance Cloud ™ platform. Avalara EMEA is based in Brighton, UK, and serves as the EMEA headquarters, with an exciting mix of VAT compliance, engineering, sales and marketing professionals.