NXTGEN are currently seeking an experienced VAT Specialist for an integral position within an award winning accountancy practice in Ipswich.
As VAT Specialist you will be tasked with advising clients on complex VAT advisory projects, developing the firms' presence in local markets, and disseminating technical knowledge to colleagues on current and future issues (including Brexit, Making Tax Digital, and HMRC policy changes).
You will be responsible for:
- The delivery of VAT advice to clients, conducting checks to ensure compliance with HMRC, and identifying planning opportunities
- Disseminating technical knowledge and reviewing work prepared by colleagues in order to continuously develop the firms offering and ensure high quality delivery
- Developing professional relationships, engaging existing and prospective clients on VAT matters, and participating in proposals for new work
- Identifying and communicating technical issues, risks and selling opportunities to partners
You will be a qualified accountant (i.e. CTA, ACA or ACCA) with a high level of tax technical knowledge and experience working in a practice environment. In addition you will have:
- Significant VAT advisory and personal tax experience
- Demonstrable success engaging and converting business development opportunities
- Experience delivering internal and external tax training
- A client focussed and commercial mind-set
This is an exceptional opportunity to be an integral part of the tax offering of a well-renowned accountancy practice. If you possess these qualities and are excited to work in a commercial and client facing capacity, apply now!
Keywords: VAT, CTA, ACA, ACCA, Tax