Van Driver / Warehouse Assistant
Van Driver/Warehouse Assistant based in the Kingston Branch of this leading electrical wholesaler, offering an excellent basic salary and benefits package (including a competitive bonus scheme).
As a firm supporter of continuing professional development, excellent career progression prospects are also available for candidates that demonstrate hard work and determination to succeed.
- Hardworking and ambitious.
- A great team player.
- High standards of presentation and organisation for the Warehouse.
- Proven commercial driving experience.
- A clean UK driving licence.
- Excellent local knowledge and of the surrounding areas.
- A smart and presentable appearance.
- The ability to plan, organise and work to tight deadlines.
- Reliability and trustworthiness.
- A great team player.
- Industry-specific sales experience is desirable, but this isn't essential.
The Role of Van Driver/Warehouse Assistant:
- Picking orders from the Warehouse.
- Booking in deliveries, putting goods away, keeping the whole branch tidy.
- Working as part of a tightly-knit team to ensure that the branch runs efficiently and effectively.
- To load/unload the van.
- To safely deliver small/large packages, including multi drops and collections, to both business and home addresses.
- Serving customers over the Counter.
- Dealing with customers via the phone.
- To offer excellent levels of service and care to customers
- To be successful in the role, you MUST be a self-starter.
With over 50 years experience in the electrical wholesale industry, we are an energetic organisation that is part of a very successful European business. With a network of over 400 trading branches across continental Europe, and over 100 branches currently open in the UK (with a plan to have 300 open in the next 10 years), there has never been a better time to get on board.
What's in it for you?
- Starting salary negotiable subject to experience.
- Commencing on 20 days holiday per annum (full time employees) plus Bank Holidays increasing with each completed years’ service up to 25 days plus Bank Holidays.
- 42½ hours per week.
- Monday-Friday (with occasional Saturday's).
- Competitive bonus scheme.
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member.
- Brilliant opportunities to take on more responsibility and long term career prospects.
To apply please upload a copy of your CV and covering letter, stating your current salary.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
No Agencies Please.