Dplay, Discovery Networks is a streaming service with both an SVOD (subscription video on demand) and AVOD (advertising video on demand) proposition. Discovery Networks is a TV house with a wide spectrum of channels, exciting programs and colourful and popular profiles. Part of Discovery Networks is the Dplay platform which gathers the best content from a local country - and the world's - largest TV channels, including Channel 5, Channel 11, TLC, Discovery Channel and Eurosport. It means world-class content, from breathtaking entertainment to gripping documentaries.
The User Researcher will be reporting to the User Research Lead and will be responsible for designing and conducting user research, and identifying the best method based on research goals and resources. The Researcher is responsible for all aspects of research (planning, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting) for both generative (participatory design) andevaluative (usability testing) research.
You will be using a variety of user testing methodologies to reveal actionable customer insights. You will also be comfortable working with data, from gathering data, analysis and creating presentations. You will work across product, research, design, tech and business teams to understand the customer needs and business opportunities that will help the design team to create a great user experience.
- Derive UX insights from quantitative/analytic data
- Planning, designing and conducting usability testing from developing user recruitmentthrough to test moderation, analysis and reporting.
- Conducting research to gather insights for new product and concept developments(including user requirements gathering and early-stage concept and prototype testing,guerrilla research, and other approaches to ensuring the user needs are fully understood).
- Modelling insights gained from user research into formats to enhance organizationalunderstanding of our users – such as experience maps and actionable reports.
- Working across teams with managers, product owners, designers and senior leadership as required to devise appropriate research strategies to generate focused insights.
- Working closely with designers and developers to turn user data into actionableproduct/service requirements that feed into prototype development, and influenceproduct direction.
- Applying knowledge in human factors and user-centred design process to the productand service design in an agile development environment.
- Presenting findings and related design/business recommendations and customer insights to senior decision-makers.
- Promoting user-centred design principles and best practice across the organisation.
- Bachelor's degree in research or related fields such as Human-Computer Interaction(HCI), sociology, anthropology, psychology etc. ( Would NOT be a suitable role for a UXDesigner with usability experience).
- 3+ years in-depth knowledge and experience of working in user research - preferred inproduct design with consumer applications.
- Good at influencing user needs to senior stakeholders, and acting as a persuasiveadvocate for those needs.
- Experience of working in Agile environments and across Agile teams.
- Experience of conducting user interviews.
- Experience analysing both quantitative and qualitative data and work with UX designersto produce artefacts to communicate findings to stakeholders.
- Must have strong qualitative analysis skills.
- Previous experience of managing, planning, designing user research testing.
- Previous experience in developing and conducting usability testing sessions.
- A natural skill to engage with people at a deep level. Whether observing or interviewingcustomers, or working with fellow team members and clients.
- Pragmatic and adaptable with the ability to deal with ambiguity and effectively manageworkloads in evolving environments.
Prepared to provide training for the right candidate:
- Experience of Research with over the top (OTT), online streaming, and video on demand (VOD).
- Experience in running user research labs across platforms and devices
- Experience in international testing including remote testing and assisting overseas teams with usability testing.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills including the ability topresent research simply, clearly and persuasively to colleagues, partners andstakeholders.
- Solid presentation skills.
- Willing to drive innovation and customer-centric thinking across the commercial anddigital teams.
- Preferably experience in research with mobile devices, rich web apps/site, interactive TV within the media, telecommunications and broadband industries.
- Good understanding of Adobe / Google Analytics and how to synthesise data to formactionable insights.
- Familiar with Google’s HEART framework
- Passionate and proactive, constantly striving for the best user experience.