Spark44 is a unique advertising agency. Established as a joint venture with Jaguar Land Rover globally, we’re not an in house department; we’re a separate business with a specialism in automotive and luxury goods across all platforms.
Our motto reflects our agency culture, “Be Bold. Be Brave. Be Honest”. We value individuals who are unafraid to question the status quo, who challenge authority and fight for the best idea. We are a fun, tight-knit group and strive to be the best in our business.
Joining a small team of 3 talented individuals and reporting to the Director of UX, we’re looking for a UX Architect who will be responsible for delivering User Experience design documentation for our two iconic automotive brands.
A typical day will involve close collaboration with the client, technical developers, project managers and the wider UX team in Birmingham, applying user-centred design methods to translate human needs, business objectives and technology capabilities into compelling and effective experiences. Each UX architect is paired with an equivalent digital designer.
This role would suit a mid-weight candidate who wants to work on tough problems and create new standards in automotive digital. You would be comfortable working alongside two senior UX architects and another mid-weight in Birmingham and be part of a team of up to four other UX architects in London.
- Produce thorough UX documentation to support the in-sprint delivery of user experience enhancements and new functionality to a range of digital platforms.
- Liaise and collaborate with technical and business architects to understand and design-for the correct requirements.
- Maintain at least level A accessibility compliance in any solutions proposed and documented.
- UX/IA for rich and complex environments; navigation solutions, taxonomies, wireflows, wireframes and prototyped interaction design
- Concepting, sketching and prototyping to evolve the core user experience of our digital platforms.
- Adapting and refining conceptual UX for Sprint-ready development teams with high attention to detail.
- A collaborative approach to the design, definition and presentation of UX deliverables and documentation with client, creative agency and technical development partners.
- Contribute to and maintain UX and IA asset libraries
- Present your UX documentation and solutions with confidence and integrity
- Occasional (paid, off-peak) travel to London for agency meetings and workshops.
- The ideal applicant will have a track record of delivering outstanding User Experience in a Digital environment, a proven ability to synthesise large quantities of information, identify critical observations and insights, and experience leading projects and or key accounts.
- You will be conversant and capable using Sketch for the production of User Experience deliverables. Alongside this you will have knowledge of InVision and Principle for rapid prototyping and a working appreciation of back-end development.
- We need people who have outstanding verbal and written communications. You must be able to present confidently, and to articulately defend ideas; a history as a creative influencer will be highly desirable.
- The JLR digital estate is largely web-centric so those with ambitions to work on app only projects may want to consider this before applying. Additionally, this role does not include user-interface development for in-car technologies or interfaces.
At Spark44 we offer great benefits for our staff. We’ve listed the important ones below (some of which become available following the completion of a probationary period).
- 25 days holiday
- Bonus Scheme
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- Income Protection
- Pension (up to 5% contributory)
- BUPA Healthcare & Foresight Health Cash Plan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Season ticket loan (interest free)
- Exclusive 25% discount on JLR Brand goods
- JLR Privilege Programme – up to 20% off Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles.