- Would you like to join a dynamic User Experience team that is constantly solving new and challenging problems?
- Are you passionate about the user experience?
- Are you interested in being a core member of the development team collecting and documenting user requirements, facilitating and leading user interface design, advocating for the user throughout the development process, and testing and evaluating user interfaces?
- Do you want to work with products that make the world a better place?
If you answered yes to these questions, we want to talk with you.
Our user experience team has over 70 passionate user experience professionals with experience in user research, usability testing, and design. The user experience team members are embedded with their product teams and contribute throughout the product development life cycle. They are regarded as strategic business partners by their product teams as they develop new products, features, and enhance legacy products.
You will lead user-centered design activities on MathWorks products. You will work with development teams to understand their projects' user-centered design requirements, and develop creative solutions for meeting those needs.
- Work collaboratively with developers and cross-functional team members to brainstorm, research, plan, design and test innovative solutions to modern day scientific and engineering problems.
- Lead, plan and facilitate a variety of user research and UX testing methods depending on the needs of the project. UX methods include quantitative and qualitative user research and statistical analyses, usability testing, workflow visualizations, customer interviews, surveys, and other innovative UX assessments.
- Collaborate on paper and digital prototypes of varying fidelity.
- Help teams interpret and understand user feedback and user research and testing results, and convert these insights into actionable design decisions.
- Contribute to requirements and design specifications.
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- STEM Degree (bachelor's or a master's in Engineering or Computer Science)
- Proven track record leading UX research activities including formative and evaluative usability studies, customer interviews, surveys, diary studies and analyses of quantitative and qualitative user data
- Experience with MathWorks products (MATLAB/Simulink)
- Experience applying quantitative research and analytical techniques
- Application Programming Interface(API) design and research experience
- Proven track record leading projects and collaborating with others
- Ability to balance needs of a large number of concurrent projects
- Highly organized and flexible
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.