Are you a current Elekta employee?
Please click here to apply through our internal career site Find Jobs - Elekta.
Want to join a team with a mission to improve and save lives?
We continually look for motivated and skilled individuals who are interested in supporting our customers – healthcare professionals who use our products to help patients and their communities.
We currently have the following opportunity available - please contact us for more details!
The UX Developer is primarily responsible for the innovation and delivery of the presentation layer of Elekta's software. Time is dedicated to front-end engineering to explore and solve problems with designers, using frontend frameworks, and web standards including web components. The UX Developer will create elegant and pleasing UI interactions and teach what is learned to colleagues, the ideal candidate will be a natural collaborator.
The UX team is part of the Elekta Platform Group which is delivering a new software platform for Elekta products. The Elekta Platform is an environment of collaborating service-oriented software components or Elements used across the product portfolio. The Elekta Platform is a new programme within Elekta which will have its first delivery this year and then will continue to be a foundational aspect of all Elekta products.
- Help develop a component library that can be consumed by other development teams.
- Solve interaction design problems with granular front-end development solutions.
- Work with designers and developers to rapidly move from wireframe to working implementation
- Build modular, testable UI components
- Share design, process, and architecture learnings with other developers.
- Work closely with multi-disciplinary teams in planning, designing, testing and documenting standards.
Authorities and RACI –
- To deliver good quality solutions in a timely manner according to agreed project plans and Agile stories, adhering to Elekta architectural directives and guidelines and industry best practice.
- To work on own initiative to keep project work on schedule and at good quality, requesting help when it is needed from team members and senior technical and management staff
- To be a positive and engaged team member, advising and collaborating with colleagues to make Elekta solutions as good as possible
- Keep skills and knowledge up to date with self-learning as well as attending courses provided by Elekta
- Deliver software solutions for Elekta products within the UX discipline following Agile practice and delivering tasks and stories as required to deliver good user experience and high quality robust software solutions
- Participate positively and actively in the team and in the technical community at Elekta, sharing expertise and collaborating with colleagues across the business to deliver excellent products
- Follow industry developments and innovation and contribute insight and expertise to keep Elekta products
Relevant Knowledge, skills and competEncies –
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 3 -5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in building rich, interactive UIs
- Prototyping experience
- Experience in web components and front-end frameworks (React, Angular, Vue)
- Current with latest client-side techniques, trends, best practices
- Cross-browser development & testing expert
- Excellent understanding of the overarching process of application development
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to influence others with articulation and insight.