DISCOVER your opportunity
We invent the new to help the world move forward. Combining powerful analytics and deeper insights with bigger ideas and innovative solutions, we free up our clients’ potential, thereby fulfilling our own. Take it seriously. Make it fun. Know it matters.
The multiple purposes of this role are to provide efficient and high-quality underwriting administration services to the UK NPL Underwriting businesses supported in the UK region. This portfolio includes but is not limited to Climate, Casualty, Construction, Environmental, International Financial Lines, Motor, Property, and Special Risk Solutions.
This role contributes in a variety of ways to the achievement of this. It also contributes to leverage the knowledge around best practice in administering our accounts for the UK non-program business. The role supports the end to end underwriting process with regular liaison with other functions to ensure highest service quality. The role may also require some travel to the London office.
Ensuring accurate, efficient processing of our accounts including monitoring data, backlog clean ups and project work, as well as overall compliance with AXA XL policies is necessary. Furthermore, the role holder has in-depth knowledge of general insurance and can support underwriting in pre-and post-bind processes and other underwriting-related tools.
DISCOVER your opportunity
What will youressential responsibilities include?
Submission/ Renewal Phase
- Timely requests to off-shore team for quote creation and name clearance activities
- Timely and accurate binding (or declinature) of quotes
- Use underwriting tools to support the underwriter in defining the structure of UK business
- Timely and accurate processing of premiums
- Proactive engagement with underwriting to ensure new and renewed accounts have an efficient and smooth account hand over, ensuring information received is understood and complete in order to process policies on system(s)
- Ensures timely and complete documentation of files handled by role holder in UW file (on Document Management System)
- Accountable for correct (RI) premium, (RI) commission and tax bookings in processing systems
- Premium collection accountability of accounts globally and take appropriate proactive action to ensure optimal collection performance
- At request of Underwriting, ensure timely and high-quality implementation of mid-term endorsements, issuance of certificates of insurance and focus on premium collection monitoring (according to the processing rules and guidelines, incl. system data entries)
- Ensure appropriate communication flow between Underwriting, Middle Office and Shared Services
- Foster positive relationship with internal/external counterparts to get a mutual understanding of their needs
- Deal with and address requests originating from client/broker immediately and refer to Underwriting as required and as timely as possible. Seek confirmation from Underwriting prior to implementation of change request
- Develop an internal network for facilitating the transfer of information and data between functions and departments in order to service the requirements of the underwriters and clients/brokers
- Develop expert level knowledge with regards to systems, and processes and keep abreast of new guidelines published.
- Ensure data quality accuracy ratios at the defined level/metrics
- Support existing backlog clean up exercises
- Support project work to ensure that existing processes meet requirements
You will report to the Operations Manager UK
SHARE your talent
SHARE your talent
We’re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- Insurance Company Line of Business experience preferred
- Achieve processing goals and produce good quality results when under pressure
- Experience in administration / client service function with skills that are put to use with internal & external stakeholders
- Advanced working techniques / self-organization skills to manage assigned portfolio of accounts, keep overview of to-do’s and various deadlines by account, keeps track of in- and external correspondence by account
- Management of Shared Service Centre functions and processes beneficial
- Premium Collection knowledge and ability to work through related queries
- Project knowledge and engaged in implementing improvements
- MS Office knowledge at normal user level
- Advanced spreadsheet knowledge beneficial
- Genius knowledge beneficial
FIND your future
AXA XL, the P&C and specialty risk division of AXA, is known for solving complex risks. For mid-sized companies, multinationals and even some inspirational individuals we don’t just provide re/insurance, we reinvent it.
How? By combining a strong and efficient capital platform, data-driven insights, leading technology, and the best talent in an agile and inclusive workspace, empowered to deliver top client service across all our lines of business − property, casualty, professional, financial lines and specialty.
With an innovative and flexible approach to risk solutions, we partner with those who move the world forward.
At AXA XL we are happy to talk flexible working. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and consider flexible ways of working for every role. Talk to us about how we can make flexibility work for you.
Learn more at axaxl.com
Diversity & Inclusion
At AXA XL, we know that an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce enable business growth and are critical to our success. That’s why we have made a strategic commitment to attract, develop, advance and retain the most diverse workforce possible, while creating an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their full selves to work and can reach their highest potential. It’s about helping one another — and our business — to move forward and succeed.
- Five Business Resource Groups focused on gender, LGBTQ+, race/ethnicity, disability and inclusion with 20 Chapters around the globe
- Robust support for Flexible Working Arrangements
- Enhanced family friendly leave benefits
- Named to the Diversity Best Practices Index
- Signatory to the UK Women in Finance Charter
Learn more ataxaxl.com/about-us/inclusion-and-diversity.AXA XL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.