Who we are:
GlobalSign is the leading provider of trusted identity and security solutions enabling businesses, large enterprises, cloud-based service providers and IoT innovators around the world to conduct secure online communications, manage millions of verified digital identities and automate authentication and encryption. Its high-scale PKI and identity solutions support the billions of services, devices, people and things comprising the Internet of Things (IoT). The company has offices in the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit https://www.globalsign.com or follow GlobalSign on Twitter (@globalsign).
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for an individual who has experience working as a Team Leader for a Technical Support team.
As a senior member of the GlobalSign Client Services team, you will control and manage customer issues supporting the GlobalSign product suite.
You will apply an expert level of troubleshooting skills to specific incidents, extract knowledge and understanding from the events and cascade the lessons learned into the knowledgebase, the team and the product development lifecycle.
As a Team Leader you will be responsible for your team members, specifically to staffing, ensuring little impact to the department or operations.
Deliver Team and Departmental KPIs, attempt to increase departmental productivity, improve efficiencies and keep within budgets.
Deliver individual KPIs set by your Manager within agreed timescales.
Understand and demonstrate knowledge of the certificate lifecycle management including, ordering, vetting, delivery, installation, reissuance and revocation of SSL and client certificates.
Demonstrate knowledge of PKI (Public Key Infrastructure)
Knowledge of cryptographic utilities and other resources to assist with Case/Incident management.
Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of GlobalSign Certificate Centre (GCC) and Global Manager (GM).
Understand GlobalSign as an organization, its history, goals, mission and its related CA (Certificate Authority) infrastructure.
- Maintain clear and consistent communication channels with your team, other Team Leaders, your Manager and VP so that all is “kept in the loop”.
- Meet or surpass KPIs and goals agreed with Manager.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting weekly/monthly statistics, team productivity, QA Auditing, attendance and project time relating to your team.
- Assist Regional Managers in team appraisals and the hiring process as per business requirements.
- Due to different locations, be the "eyes and ears" and advise management if there is a change from routine or normal operations. Share team concerns with Regional Managers.
- Attend weekly Team Leaders meeting with Manager.
- Share with Senior Management any communications with other departments that may impact the department including inter-departmental requests.
- Plan and manage team resource availability, including highlighting future requirements with accompanying supporting documentation.
- Shared responsibility of Queue management with other team leaders ensuring that all Cases/Incidents are managed within departmental SLAs.
- Managing staff resources to address incidents which involve support, make sure that staff follow processes/procedures and complete the tasks assigned to them on time.
- Monitor the Global Support chat and any other chats (API etc,) to ensure all Support agents are assisted/mentored for any of their questions.
- Peer review team members emails sent to customers to ensure format and quality of communication remains consistent.
- Manage shift cover and workflow, ensuring that there is adequate resourcing to cover the department’s key responsibilities and that work allocated to the Support team is evenly distributed and in a transparent way. Manage team’s project time so it does not impact on support duties and make sure agents log their project hours in JIRA .
- Enforce Policies, Processes and Procedures; ensure agents follow established internal company and departmental security policies, processes and procedures at all times.
- Monitor team member’s abilities and compliance to accurately gather information and document customer issues through a CRM tool. Develop meaningful reports based on GlobalSign’s KPI requirements.
- Maintain strict Confidentiality relating to Staffing issues and pay reviews.
- Ensure that confidential matters are not shared with any members of staff, team, internal and external business connections. Keep within rules of Data Protection, Confidential and Security guidelines and imminent GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) changes.
- Assist in Business Continuity planning, submitting ideas to Support Management on ways to ensure Technical Support can function in the event of a disaster.
- Look to improve efficiencies, reduce cost per case, and develop procedures and incident resolution.
- Contact customers around the globe with tact and diplomacy, utilising the Quality Assurance framework and Customer Service guidelines.
- Respond to escalated customer inquiries about GlobalSign Security Service products and complete Incident Reports with precise information for further investigation.
- Have a thorough understanding of all GlobalSign products.
- Shift work required, including some weekend working to cover the business needs of a 24/7 operation.
- Personal responsibility to maintain training and development plan agreed with Regional Manager.
- Communicate ideas for departmental improvements to Support Management Team.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Familiar with ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) framework and functions.
- Experience building relationships with third parties, including customers and stakeholders or demonstrate equivalence.
- Hands-on and able to work in multi-disciplinary teams (department colleagues, business functions) or demonstrate equivalence.
- Experience of a Customer Service environment.
- Is PC literate and has a typing proficiency of a minimum of 40 wpm with 1 mistake.
- Ideally has knowledge of project management tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of and experience using Microsoft Office and CRM applications.
- Ideally understands security principles, concepts and techniques used in the IT Industry.
- A qualification in Computer Sciences preferred but not essential.
- A technical background in Software Engineering/Testing Experience is preferred but not essential.
- Customer focused.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Has the ability to work as part of a team but is just as comfortable working independently.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines and priorities.
- Demonstrates initiative and drive, sharing ideas and questions and displays calm and positivity in a demanding environment.
- Demonstrates ability to manage stakeholders and customers, balancing diplomacy and tact with assertiveness.
- Demonstrates ability to manage teams, mentor, inspire people and resolve conflict.
- Analytical and competent in the use of information and communications technology.
- Displays a polite and professional attitude when representing GMO GlobalSign.
- Able to represent the big picture whilst focusing on the specifics of delivery.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the importance for details and organisation and can relate it to a support environment.
- Shows a willingness to self-learn and displays evidence of progression in their job role.
This position is considered a “Trusted Role” and background checks will be required.
Due to the nature of our business and its changing requirements, this job profile is a general outline of the type of key tasks the job holder will be asked to undertake in their role. It will be reviewed regularly in consultation with the post holder and as part of GlobalSign’s performance structure.
In addition, at the request of the manager, job responsibilities and duties may change from time to time depending on the department’s alignment to GlobalSign’s Mission and Vision.
If this sounds like it could be you, please send us a cover letter along with your current resume.