The role will provide Data Centre support to our internal customers across our Nottingham offices, assisting with server, networking and hardware problems and standard change requests via phone, email and service tickets. You will work as part of a team who support Data Centre capacity, layout and rack deployment, cabling and other facilities activities. In this role there is potential to travel to our offices in Europe as well as earn additional overtime on top of your base salary.
- Provide data centre support to our 2 Data Centres and other offices across Nottingham
- Receive and prioritise jobs from our Service Now ITIL
- Installations of hardware across our office locations
- Manage the risk/impact of a job
- Support with office moves across the business
- Manage standard change requests via phone, email and service tickets
- Campus support to business end users for LAN and Voice services.
- Heavily involved in engagement and enablement across the organisation
- Support with additional events such as Experian Family Fun Day's and Business Unit specific road shows
What are we looking for?
- A flexible approach and willingness to assist in all areas of the Data Centre Operations Role.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Flexible approach to working with the ability to work outside of core hours when required.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Has the ability to manage day to day work load, knowing when to prioritise and the ability to work self-sufficiently
- Good knowledge of Data Centre efficiency & best practice techniques.
- Team Player, with the ability to work unsupervised from time to time
- Good communication skills.
- Someone with experience working in a large scale IT Data Centre Operations environment.
- Experience working as a Data Centre Services engineer, or in a similar role.
Desirable but not essential:
- CDCT (Certified Data Centre Technician)
- City & Guilds 3667-02 Data communications Cabling/Example of courses attended for the termination of copper and fibre cabling.
- BCS Certificate in EU Code of Conduct in Data Centres preferred.
Why choose us?
Our colleagues' health and wellbeing is a top priority for us, that's why our reward, benefits and wellbeing programmes are designed so you can come to work feeling your very best self. Our benefits focus on health, money and lifestyle so you can tailor your benefits to your own personal needs. Whether it's your physical and mental wellness, getting to work or planning for the future, we have a range of flexible options to have you covered!
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and to creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. Our flexible working practices support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our business as well as our people. Some roles lend themselves to flexible options more than others, and if this is important to you, we are open to discussing agile working opportunities during the hiring process.
Who are Experian?
We unlock the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. At life's big moments - from buying a home or car, to sending a child to university, to growing a business exponentially by connecting it with new customers - we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence so they can maximize every opportunity.
For more than 125 years, we've helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish - and we're not done.
Our 17,000 people in 37 countries believe the possibilities for you, and our world, are growing. We're investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with Experian.