This role is to pro-actively manage the repair phase of subsidence claims in a manner that supports efficient and effective settlement for the policyholder.
To add value to the customer journey by keeping all parties fully updated on progress of the repair phase.
- The role may be home or office based, with regular UK travel, and occasional overnight stays - however more frequent travel and regular overnight stays may be required during peak demand.
- The role involves managing the repair phase of subsidence claims.
- Detailed knowledge of Building Construction.
- Knowledge of Insurance Principles.
- Demonstrates technical competence.
- Knowledge of current Health & Safety legislation.
- Understanding of Client requirements.
- Understanding of FCA procedures and TCF.
General Background, Experience & Prof Qual
- Relevant construction qualification essential.
- Commitment to obtain relevant insurance qualification.
- Previous experience of handling subsidence claims is advantageous.
- To manage the performance of contractors in order that the repair phase of subsidence claims progresses efficiently and fairly in a manner that supports the customer and partners our insurance clients brand and values.
- To understand the scope of repairs on site and set a strategy for completion understanding each individual demand and likely outcome.
- To really understand what matters to the customer and put this first.
- To deliver excellence against the key measures of reduced duration, cost control and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure all planning, Building Regulations, Party Wall and CDM issues are addressed.
- To prepare initial appraisal reports with cost recommendations.
- To prepare repair schedules and specifications; undertake pre-contract meetings and contract supervision, ensuring that a high standard of records are kept of meetings, inspections and discussions which have taken place.
- To identify and understand the nature of any blockages and failure demand – take ownership of issues to identify problem at root cause and adopt getting it right first time to enhance the customer experience.
- To ensure that time spent adds value to the claim’s lifecycle – undertake value work – right time, right place to actively control costs and reduce indemnity spend.
- To take sole responsibility for the repair phase of every claim personally handled – ensure parties are kept informed and work with others to build on end to end flow.
- To develop, manage and maintain relations with internal and external parties to ensure customer demands are met fully.
- To promote the Company ethics and values, focus on what matters to the customer and promote clients insurance brands
- Good technical skills and problem solving ability to recognise difficulties and take proactive measures to overcome problems.
- Well developed and effective written and verbal communication skills, to articulate complex issues.
- Strong organisation and time management skills; to deliver on a variety of actions to tight timescales.
- Good dispute resolution handling skills to manage disputes effectively and proactively.
- Strong computer literacy skills to make effective use of a variety of ICT platforms and applications.
- Demonstrates a desire to continuously improve self and others by sharing, listening and exchanging information and knowledge at all levels.
- Builds and maintains positive working relationships within own team and with colleagues across the business.
- Enjoys being a team player and openly shares knowledge and skills with others.
- Shows empathy to customers and distils confidence through technical expertise.
- Demonstrates personal integrity in a way which is consistent with the Company’s core values.
- Demonstrates a ‘can do’ attitude and is solution orientated to focus on systems improvement.
- Is open and adaptive to change and shows a flexible attitude to meet the needs of the customer