EC English Language Centres
Helping students succeed in a global community
Established in 1991 EC Malta was EC’s first and only school. This small school quickly gained a wonderful reputation and became one of the leading English language schools in Malta. Fast forward to today and there are 29 year-round schools in eight countries on four continents, retaining their excellent reputation for delivering English Language courses globally. EC has a Young Learners division which incorporates EC Academy, EC Study Tours and Embassy Summer and manages over 30000 weeks from students from over 140 countries helping them to improve their language skills, meet new friends and take part in a wide range of activities and cultural excursions that will help them develop important life skills.
The Night Supervisor is responsible for the security, supervision, welfare and discipline of students overnight within the residence and is on call in case of any emergency.
- Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of students for who you are responsible and with whom you come into contact.
- Maximise student and group leader satisfaction by ensuring their experience meets or exceeds their expectations.
- To ensure the centre operates to the highest standards of relevant Health & Safety, safeguarding, HR practices
Students are normally accommodated in either Halls or Houses. Each Hall or House is in an accommodation block and is separated from the main building where lessons and activities take place.
Specific duties include:
- To ensure student welfare is maintained by carrying out regular inspections of the residential areas during the duty period
- To establish a routine of checks to ensure students are in their rooms and lights are out
- To act as a representative of the management team, calling on the duty manager when appropriate
- To retain responsibility for holding the master keys to residential buildings during duty shifts
- To report any major security issues to the college security staff
- To provide assistance with arrivals and departures when these fall during the duty period
- To complete a duty log detailing times of “rounds” and recording any occurrences that take place during the night
- To ensure communal areas are kept tidy and to report any unnecessary untidiness or damages in these areas
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of students in line with legal, accreditation and company requirements
- To be on the Centre’s emergency phone and to be the call representative in case of emergency
- To help with centre laundry during the night – AL T-Shirts & Towels
The job holder will be expected to operate in accordance with the company’s Code of Conduct, and any local policies and operating procedures relating to academic, welfare and safeguarding matters.
Employees are required to cooperate fully with all arrangements in place related to Health and Safety which include implementation and compliance with control measures resultant from risk assessments and engagement with, and completion of, any relevant Health and Safety training.
- First Degree or equivalent (Level 6 Qualifications and Credit Framework)
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Valid Driving Licence
- SIA licence
- Safeguarding Level 1 and 2
- Nigh patrol / Warden / Security experience
- Working with minors
- Summer School experience
- Good time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a high-pressured environment
- Flexibility to work unsociable hours
- Ability to work as part of a team & independently
What training will be offered to Night Supervisors?
- Pre-arrival online training
- Centre induction on arrival
- Role specific manual
- Opportunity to shadow managers and career progression
- 6 days out of 7 (1 day off per week)
- 30 hours* per week -
- *between (Inclusive of Fri, Sat, Sun & Mon nights)
From: £300 per week (inclusive of holiday pay)
Full board accommodation included
Disclosure and Barring Service:
- If you have a valid Enhanced DBS certificate and have subscribed to the DBS update service, we will reimburse the £13 annual renewal fee. (Receipt required)
- If you do NOT have a valid Enhanced DBS certificate and have NOT subscribed to the DBS update service, we will need to apply for a New Enhanced DBS for you. Our Safer Recruitment Officer will discuss this with you.
Equality and Diversity: Equality and diversity are at the heart of everything we do. Our learning opportunities are open to everyone, regardless of their background and circumstances, and we apply the same standards to the staff we employ.