We really value your loyalty and your experience and look forward to working with you again.
Please complete the Returner application form and we will fast-track your application and book you in for a priority interview from January 2020
Be part of the EC Younger Learner division - just a little reminder below
EC English Language Centres
Helping students succeed in a global community
Established in 1991 EC Malta was EC’s first and only school. This small school quickly gained a wonderful reputation and became one of the leading English language schools in Malta. Fast forward to today and there are 29 year-round schools in eight countries on four continents, retaining their excellent reputation for delivering English Language courses globally. EC has a Young Learners division which incorporates EC Academy, EC Study Tours and Embassy Summer and manages over 30000 weeks from students from over 140 countries helping them to improve their language skills, meet new friends and take part in a wide range of activities and cultural excursions that will help them develop important life skills
As one of our valued Summer School Managers you will have your role to play in inspiring, leading and motivating an entire school of students and staff, in order to ensure the delivery of teaching and activity programmes, with an exemplary level of dedication to the students' development and welfare.
Together with your centre team, you will be responsible for maximising both students and Group Leader satisfaction, ensuring that we meet or exceed expectations, whilst working within pre-determined budgets.
What minimum Qualifications, Experience and Skills do we expect our Managers to have?
- Educated to Degree Level or equivalent * (Level 6 Qualifications and Credit Framework)
- * Specific qualifications required will depend on the role and will be stated in the job descriptions
Additional Qualification Desired:
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Safeguarding Level 1 and 2
- Management experience in junior education / learning
- Experience working with juniors
- Experience in a role involving organisation / logistics / travel
- Managing multiple departments and teams
- Management experience in a summer school environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Ability to motivate, lead and inspire students
- Ability to deal with complexity and resolve problems and issues
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Competent user of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook,
In accordance with our Company Code of Conduct, and any local policies and operating procedures relating to academic, welfare and safeguarding matters, you will need to demonstrate:
- The ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people
- Emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours
- A positive attitude to the sue of authority and maintaining discipline
What training will be offered to Returning Managers?
- Pre-arrival online training
- Management Training Event
- Job Manuals
- Access to virtual collabortive resources
- CPD workshops and opportunity for further progression within the management team
- 6 *days out of 7 (1 day off per week)
- All Management roles are residential
*Maximum weekly hours will be detailed in the Term Letter
- Our competitive Management weekly pay, inclusive of accommodation, will be based on the size of the centre and experience. We will discuss this with you at the time of your Returner interview.
Disclosure and Barring Service:
- If you have subscribed to the DBS update service, we will reimburse the £13 annual renewal fee.
- If you did not subscribe to this service, we will need to apply for a new DBS for you. Our Safer Recruitment Officer will discuss this with you.
Equality and Diversity: Equality and diversity are at the heart of everything we do. Our learning opportunities are open to everyone, regardless of their background and circumstances, and we apply the same standards to the staff we employ
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Summer Management team