• The role of a Surveyor is to investigate and provide factual reports to Clients and/or the Major Loss team Leader in a timely manner and in accordance with those requirements set by the Client.
• To investigate and report upon Major and Complex Loss incidents that are subject of an insurance claim for and on behalf of Insurers so as they may consider policy coverage, claim acceptance, settlement and/or recovery.
• Building construction and Building Regulations• Approved structural repair methods • Cost valuation • Regulatory requirements• Computer literate
General Background, Experience & Prof Qual
• Holders of an appropriate level of qualification such as MRICS or BSc Building Surveying preferably with a background within the insurance industry or experience in the reinstatement of damaged buildings, both domestic and commercial whilst working in private practice.
• Receipt of new claim instructions via the lead adjuster (or on occasions direct from an insurer) and initiating claims handling procedures.• Attendance at incident site (where applicable) and thorough investigation of loss circumstances and damage sustained. • Regular liaison with the Insured, the lead adjuster and other stakeholders to progress claims handling. • Liaison with Local Authority representatives (such as Buildiing Cntrol) in orrist with thprrogf the claim.• Liaison with GTS in-house liability team, lawyers/attorneys regarding liability issues.• Liaison with prospective loss mitigation contractors and repair contactors regarding the scope and the works. • Regular liaison and reporting to the lead adjuster and other insurance practitioners regarding the extent of damage and costs. • Approval of cost estimate and final invoices.• Detailed assessment and reporting of settlement options and recommendations via the lead adjuster. • Provision of technical assistance in subrogation issues. • Provision of ad-hoc technical assistance to insurance market. • Provision of buildings related technical assessment and valuation services. • Provision of risk assessment services. • Assist as required in relation to the marketing of GTS (Major & Complex Loss). • To undertake any other reasonable duties assigned.
• Ability to work on own initiative.• Ability to demonstrate attention to detail.• Ability to work as an individual and as part of a team.• Excellent customer service and communication skills.
• Ensures all activities and decisions improve the service provided for clients.• Builds trust and respect by keeping to the commitments made.• Can convey a message across in one to one situations in a way which is understood.• Shares information, knowledge and experience freely with others.• Seeks feedback and invests time in their own self development both technically and behaviourally.
The jobholder will be required to carry out any other function or task that may be expected from them or assigned to them from time to time, within their span of knowledge and ability.