You’ve learned a lot as a student already. Want to put it into practice at PepsiCo?
Our placement programmes are structured to give you the chance to make an impact on some of the world’s biggest brands. From day one, you’ll be working on projects that matter. You’ll shake things up, shape trends, and get guidance and development to help you discover your potential.
We’re home to some of the world’s favourite brands, such as Walkers, Pepsi Max, Quaker, Tropicana, Doritos, Pipers, Naked, Copella, Lipton, Monster Munch and 7UP to name just a few! Our business covers the full product lifecycle from creating new flavours in our labs to dreaming up ad campaigns and delivering packs to stores. There’s plenty in between too.
We build brands we are really proud of and we have a mission to create more smiles with every sip and bite. Here at PepsiCo we think like entrepreneurs. We voice opinions fearlessly. We celebrate diversity and differences. We care about growing sustainably. And we get a lot of free Doritos.
We have 12 month industrial placements available in our Central Technical Quality Services team based at our site in Leicester.
“I was welcomed by the friendly yet hard working and professional environment that is central to PepsiCo’s culture. My work at PepsiCo has filled me with a great sense of pride and they have definitely helped me prepare for my final year at University as well as whatever my future career may hold.”
- Sophie Clark
Technical project delivery is critical to PepsiCo. That means our Central Technical Quality Services (TQE) are at the heart of the action in our manufacturing sites and are kept busy delivering small to large scale projects across the UK. In a fast-moving manufacturing environment our TQE Execute Team is crucial to delivering technical solutions through projects which provide our sites with the ability to grow capacity whilst providing innovative solutions to reduce costs to ensure we are competitive in the Snack Food market.
Do you share our passion for technical change? If so, we could take your talents to a whole new level.
What you will be doing:
- Lead and own allocated Capital Projects from inception through to handover ensuring key phasing of Projects are identified and worked to, with compliance to PepsiCo project management business process systems and technical/engineering standards
- Engineering Drawings / Specifications
- Financial Control / Management
- Project time-planning
- Act as Interface (“on project” point of contact) for PepsiCo plants with teams (such as design, engineering product development) in Central Technical Services to enable the execution of the Capital Projects agenda.
- Lead Project Teams as appropriate for the size of each project ensuring adequate/appropriate resource allocation
- Deliver the execution process to ensure standardised agile and rapid deployment of technical productivity & best practices
- Cross UK projects
What are we looking for:
- Undergraduate student, following a path to a degree level qualification in an Engineering practice: Manufacturing/ Chemical Engineering
- Initiative and drive to deliver results of trials and activities with the ability to be proactive and multi-task.
- Keen to gain work experience in the Food Industry.
- Disruption. An intellectual curiosity and a willingness to challenge accepted ways of doing things
- Passion. For our company, for your development and for sustainability.
- Ambition. Eagerness to learn and grow your career and aspire to be our future leaders.
- Creativity. Bring your new thinking and fresh ideas to our brands.
- You! At PepsiCo we bring ourselves to work and embrace diversity and inclusion. We believe our differences is what makes us special.
The placement starts in July 2021, and will last for 12 months, with a salary of £21,000
- Vibrant culture
- Development and mentoring
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holidays
- Discounted PepsiCo products
- Competitive pension scheme
- And a whole lot more…
“The opportunities that PepsiCo have offered me as part of my role have been tremendous. I have been involved in multiple projects and activities on top of my day-to-day role which keeps my placement super exciting. I have met some outstanding and friendly people who I know I will keep in touch with after my placement year. The culture here is so collaborative and supportive that I’m never afraid to ask questions or ask to learn new things.”
- Niyanee Porter
Application Closing Date – 23rd October 2020
Our application window is scheduled to close on the above date, however, in the event of a large response we will close applications early. We would therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
#LI-UKRelocation Eligible: Not Applicable
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with the Equality Act 2010, we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, disability or race including; colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin.