Waters Corporation is seeking a UK Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Manager to support research, laboratory and manufacturing efforts at our Wimslow, Solihull and Newcastle facilities. The Manager will be responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring site safety and environmental programmes as well as educating and engaging employees at all levels. The position will be based at our Wilmslow site.
- Working collaboratively across the Wilmslow, Solihull and Newcastle sites, advocate and progress consistent and pragmatic HSE solutions to support the success and direction of the business.
- Monitor and identify changes to key regulations and standards affecting site compliance. Communicate and lead implementation of changes.
- Provide relevant training, education and subject matter expertise to the sites.
- Develop and promote safety and environmental awareness and enhance the HSE culture.
- Lead incident investigations and root cause analysis, and ensure suitable corrective actions are taken to improve HSE credentials.
- Prepare for the implementation of ISO14001 and ISO45001 management systems, and lead the change process to ensure positive benefit.
- Collaborate with colleagues from other sites to identify, agree and support HSE objectives that align with the global goals.
- Bachelor of Science degree in occupational health, industrial hygiene, environmental engineering, or related field.
- If not already qualified, working towards Chartered Membership of IOSH.
- Practitioner Membership of IEMA desired.
- Substantial experience in an HSE role in an industrial or laboratory setting.
- Knowledge of UK occupational safety and environmental legislation.
- Demonstrated ability to recognise, evaluate and recommend controls for workplace hazards.
- Demonstrated capability in leading improvement teams and implementing solutions.
- Ability to execute work assignment and perform duties with or without direct supervision.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills showing clear attention to detail.
- Excellent skills in communication, collaboration and organisation.
Travel (If Applicable):
- Some travel to UK sites of Solihull and Newcastle.
In addition to salary, we work flexibly and provide 25 days holidays, excellent family friendly benefits such as attractive employer pension contribution, life assurance, income protection, private medical and flexible working. With Waters, there are plenty of opportunities for you to grow, develop and contribute.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please provide a copy of your CV and a covering letter summarising your relevant experience and explaining your reasons for applying.
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials and food sciences for 60 years. With approximately 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 31 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, and with products available in more than 100 countries.
Waters Corporation's businesses include Waters, TA Instruments, VICAM, ERA, and Nonlinear Dynamics.
Waters creates business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering ultra performance liquid chromatography (UPLC), high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), chromatography columns and chemistry products, mass spectrometry systems, laboratory informatics solutions, and comprehensive service programs to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.