What you’ll be doing...
The team is responsible for building the brand in the EMEA market, developing marketing strategy and implementing the marketing plan in EMEA. The team has joint accountability for $1.4bn in annual revenue and an annual new business target of $580m. The team has responsibility for all digital and offline marketing and lead generation; market segmentation, product launches, messaging strategy, content, social media, web, campaigns, events, and analyst engagement. They are responsible for achieving 20% marketing influence on all new business.
Purpose of role:
The ‘Field Marketing Manager - UK’ reports directly to the Senior Manager EMEA field marketing. They will work closely with the EMEA campaigns and demand generation team to develop digital and offline integrated campaigns for the UK customer segments. They will collaborate with the EMEA marketing strategy team to define segmentation and account targeting for integrated lead generation campaigns to support key verticals in country. Develops close alignment with sales, marketing operations, product, digital, web, campaigns, social and other key stakeholders within the organization. Also works with technology partners to drive market and sales awareness, and demand generation for products and solutions. Will monitor report and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of lead generation campaigns. Has a rigorous focus on measurement, reporting and refining the marketing approach by country. This position helps drive the focus on bookings, revenue and profitability of Verizon Enterprise Solutions in EMEA.
- You will be responsible for the Verizon brand positioning within the UK market.
- Acts as the primary marketing liaison into the sales teams within the UK. Works directly with sales executives, management and their regional teams to drive campaigns and programs for building sales pipeline and closing business
- Creates the marketing plan and strategy for all customer and prospect segments. Executes and delivers demand generation and business development programs that lead to enhanced funnel volume and account penetration.
- Plans and executes all field marketing programs, campaigns and events to drive brand awareness and demand generation across all sales segments and key verticals.
- Implements quarterly campaign cadence and execution, and works across the organization to priorities focus areas and operationalizes campaigns for all segments in-country.
- Responsible for lead reporting and follow up for all campaigns driven internally or through external telemarketing agencies.
- Conducts annual segmentation for the UK market, in close collaboration with the EMEA marketing strategy team.
- Works with the EMEA campaigns team to devise and implement all global and EMEA integrated marketing campaigns.
- Executes all in country influencer programs and account based marketing activities for the largest accounts.
- Develops key relationships with key technology partners in country. Ensures sales teams are knowledgeable on partner propositions.
- Work closely with EMEA campaigns team to plan and execute all in country web, SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns.
- Maintains the UK website and content.
- Maintains and improves all country customer contact data within core marketing and sales systems to underpin all marketing activities. Drives continual data improvement programs.
- Maintains country specific (in-language) social media presence.
- Ensures that the organization’s brand and identity is adhered to in campaigns launched in-country.
- Manages marketing budgets, forecasts, evaluates, measures and reports on strategy effectiveness and ROI.
- Conducts regular field marketing reviews to align marketing strategy with tactics and ensure effective execution.
Complexity of role:
- This role is broad in nature and requires significant expertise across a number of key marketing and business functions:
- Integrated marketing strategy and execution.
- Digital marketing.
- Lead generation and management.
- Market and technology product knowledge.
- Performance tracking.
- Event and campaign development and execution.
- Tools and technology optimization.
- Sales management.
- Wider EMEA marketing team.
- PR team.
- Marketing and product leadership.
- Global business operations.
- Technology partners.
- Social media team.
- Marketing and content agencies.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience.
- Sales or marketing experience.
- Knowledge of current online/offline marketing concepts, strategy and best practice.
- Experience in managing cross functional teams.
Even better to have:
- Masters or MBA.
- Sales or marketing experience, preferably in a field marketing, marketing communications or sales role.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the UK market, as well as emerging global trends and issues in the Enterprise segment.
- Proven ability to design and implement strategic plans; outstanding analytical skills; preferably Lean, Agile and creative experience.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
- Track record at working with and delivering results through marketing agencies.
- Experience developing and managing budgets.
- Ability to be highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising integrated campaigns that engage, inform and motivate.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communications skills; track record of establishing relationships and credibility with leaders across the business.
- Strong project management skills and an ability to develop and deliver campaigns and programs within a very high velocity, shifting environment with associated analytical tools.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing and communications activities to drive business objectives.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.