• Prospects of growth within the business. • Scope for client contact. • Opportunity to grow into a supervisor. • Scope to deliver training throughout business to help grow and develop new talent.
• Competency in word, Microsoft, Excel and Outlook.• Strong legal knowledge. • Confidentially run their own case load. • Supervise more junior members of the team.
General Background, Experience & Professional Qualifications
• Legal practice course or equivalent. • Degree or equivalent. • 3 A Levels. • Grade C or above for Maths and English GCSE
• Manage legal documentation and correspondence in strict confidence.• Investigate the facts of a case. • Conduct research where necessary on relevant laws, regulations and legal articles to ensure the accuracy of advice and the procedure. • Prepare case plans and strategy notes for handling of the case. • Drafting variety of legal documents. • Correspond with solicitors, court and clients.• Represent clients in court. • Meet and interview clients when necessary.• Advise clients on the law and legal issues.• Negotiate with clients and other professionals to secure agreed objectives.• Attend meetings and negotiations. • Prepare papers for court.• Work in a team, sometimes referring cases to team managers/partners where appropriate.• Supervise and delegate work to trainee solicitors, paralegals, and legal secretaries as appropriate. • Check all documentation prior to signing and implementing. • Keep up to date with changes and developments in the law by reading journals and law reports. • Prepare and maintain correct MI.
• Professional, confidential and discrete.• Team player.• Shows initiative.• Adheres to the company value and culture.• Commercial awareness. • Good interpersonal skills. • Motivation and commitment. • Strong administration and organisational skills. • Good time management. • Strong work ethic and capable of meeting deadlines. • Ability to work in busy working environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.• Ability to interpret and input data accurately and efficiently.• Ability to conduct thorough research.• Professional and confident telephone manner.• Strong analytical skills.• Ability to work as part of a team.• Strong attention to detail.• Strong problem solving skills. • Excellent verbal and written communication skills.• Strong legal knowledge.• Strong negotiations skills. • Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.